D&D 5E Unused content

Have you taken the Way of the 4 Elements, Purple Dragon Knight, or Mastermind subclass?

• Yes, and I had a positive Experience.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Yes, and I had a negative Experience.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • No, I have not played these at all.

Votes: 58 68.2%

• Poll closed .

Voadam

Legend
As a player I think I have played 4 PCs and 7 subclasses(one character was multiclassed and later respecced both subclasses) in 5e. I tend to play characters for a long time, only some of the games I have played in during the 5e era are 5e, and I DM a lot.

Last edited:

shadowoflameth

Adventurer
In 5E, in actual play, have you used any of these at all during the time that they have been published options? I will be posting several polls separately to get a feel for what people are actually doing.
Thank You everyone for your thoughtful comments. I'll share that I did this series of polls because these are truly options that I have not seen anyone take at all in hundreds of sessions over the years with dozens of players. I don't say 'never' lightly. With this much larger sample, something close to a third have used one of these and had a positive experience. Almost all of the positive comments were about the Mastermind which responders found valuable as a support character. If your party needs support buffs and you need a rogue, I can see it but I've had literally zero players pick any of these. The comments on the other two mainly center around 'fixing' them and finding them positively, or 'fixing' them or making rules mistakes in their favor and still not finding them viable. I can't wait to see a play test on the next version of monk.

Remove ads