Unusual Food Thread

Zardnaar

Legend
I usually just season my fries, but occasionally, I dip or dredge. In no order, here are my most common ones:

• chili
  • vinegar
  • Honey with black pepper
  • Lemon juice & black pepper
  • vanilla ice cream shake
  • avgolemono
  • personal mix of 50/50 A1 steak sauce & yellow mustard, seasoned with Tabasco and black pepper

I'm boring mostly just use ketchup,aioli or sweet chilli on my fries. Mayo works fine as well.

Wife's opinion. Fries are just a delivery device for aioli.

At a restaurant I'll dip then in whatever sauce comes with the meal. For example if I get steak I get peppercorn sauce and it's nice in the fries.

Tartare sauce and lemon on the fish also works on fries.

My Jordanian friend puts some sort of middle east spice concoction on his with cheese sauce. Very delicious. Kebab, falafel and dressed fries please.

Prefer American style ketchup over NZ tomato sauce. Sweet vs savoury basically.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My Jordanian friend puts some sort of middle east spice concoction on his with cheese sauce. Very delicious. Kebab, falafel and dressed fries please.
I bet it’s something like zaatar, which is an oregano based mix they put in pita all over the Middle East.

Zardnaar

Legend
Front 2 pages of a new Syrian Restaurant menu.

IMG_20200901_122447.jpg

IMG_20200901_122417.jpg

1 NZD= 0.7 USD.

The next Arabic place I try that's bad will be a first, tried Kuwaiti, Lebanese, Jordanian, Morrocan and Egyptian.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mediterranean/Arabic is my Mom’s favorite foreign cuisine. We’re slowly but surely working our way across the region! :)

Zardnaar

Legend
Mediterranean/Arabic is my Mom’s favorite foreign cuisine. We’re slowly but surely working our way across the region! :)

Yeah it's probably my favorite two.

In town we have 6 or 7 Turkish places on a 1km stretch.

Have you had a Turkish wood fired pizza with halep sauce main?

Ulfgeir

Hero
Had a weird (but very good) burger today at lunch. It is a small chain from northern part of Sweden, called Bastard Burgers. And the burger I tried was the monthly special: Cloudberry BBQ sauce, cream cheese, pickled red onion, crisp salad, and truffel mayo.

Expensive, but good.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah it's probably my favorite two.

In town we have 6 or 7 Turkish places on a 1km stretch.

Have you had a Turkish wood fired pizza with halep sauce main?
No, can’t say I have. I think I know a place that might DO something similar, but I haven’t worked my way through their menu.;)

Zardnaar

Legend
Might not be to unusual except for the combo.

IMG_20200903_174159.jpg

IMG_20200903_174229.jpg

Chips, burger, hotdog and wontons. Fish and Chip shops tend to be owned by Chinese and they do burgers.

You might have 50-100 items on the menu.
We fed 8 for around $50 USD ranging from steak and egg burgers, chicken fried rice though to English style fry up.

Last edited:

Remove ads