Unusual Food Thread

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Me and two friends inadvertently created the most tasty...and messy!...snack during a 2e AD&D campaign we were playing back in mid/late 90's (our only 2e campaign, come to think of it...). What is it you ask? I present to you...

The Salsa-Muffin
  • 1 English muffin
  • Copious amount of REAL salted butter (don't bother with anything else... doesn't work).
  • Salsa...cold temperature, moderate to hot spiciness!
  • Cheese (I like Mild cheddar, but Old works too, but I up the salsa spiciness)

NOTE Requires the use of a stove or, best and fastest results, a toaster oven.

Preparation:
1. Toast your English muffin
2. Add generous (almost TOO generous) amounts of butter.
3. Place cheese slices (semi thick; say...2mm) on each muffin half.
4. Place in toaster oven and melt cheese.
5. Add MORE butter on top of melted cheese; you want it to be, literally, dripping off the edges.
6. IF butter isn't melted enough...toss it into the toaster oven again for a few seconds.
7. Dollop on a BIG spoonful of cold temperature, but mod/hot spiciness, Salsa (typically, about a "heaping tablespoon" per muffin half).
8. Take it all over to a sink to eat it there. Trust me...it WILL be messy! GLORIOUSLY messy!

Trust me. Best dang 'snack' you have EVER had!

You're welcome. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hiya!

Me and two friends inadvertently created the most tasty...and messy!...snack during a 2e AD&D campaign we were playing back in mid/late 90's (our only 2e campaign, come to think of it...). What is it you ask? I present to you...

The Salsa-Muffin
  • 1 English muffin
  • Copious amount of REAL salted butter (don't bother with anything else... doesn't work).
  • Salsa...cold temperature, moderate to hot spiciness!
  • Cheese (I like Mild cheddar, but Old works too, but I up the salsa spiciness)

NOTE Requires the use of a stove or, best and fastest results, a toaster oven.

Preparation:
1. Toast your English muffin
2. Add generous (almost TOO generous) amounts of butter.
3. Place cheese slices (semi thick; say...2mm) on each muffin half.
4. Place in toaster oven and melt cheese.
5. Add MORE butter on top of melted cheese; you want it to be, literally, dripping off the edges.
6. IF butter isn't melted enough...toss it into the toaster oven again for a few seconds.
7. Dollop on a BIG spoonful of cold temperature, but mod/hot spiciness, Salsa (typically, about a "heaping tablespoon" per muffin half).
8. Take it all over to a sink to eat it there. Trust me...it WILL be messy! GLORIOUSLY messy!

Trust me. Best dang 'snack' you have EVER had!

You're welcome. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming
Nice!

I did something similar with a grilled chicken (sliced cold-cuts) & cheese sandwich, with the salsa spread out in a thin layer between the meat and chicken. The melting of the cheese helps trap the salsa on the sandwich.

Zardnaar

Legend
Something new to try.
IMG_20200904_180311.jpg

IMG_20200904_181136.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads