Zardnaar

Legend
IMG_20201007_174744.jpg

Lamb donor kebab.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Looks tasty. Personally I would have used the salt and pepper on the tomatoes...
The tomatoes were directly salted. The ground pepper went onto the oiled bread. There’s some on each piece of the ciabatta, so half is hidden by the muenster and tomatoes.

When it was assembled, each bite delivered both seasonings pretty well.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m learning to love ciabatta.
lBAZzYI.jpg

Had a couple mini ciabatta rolls; made twin mini sandwiches for dinner. Together, they were about the size of a decent hoagie.

Sliced them open & toasted them. Bottom got hit with basil-infused olive oil, butter and black pepper. Top got basil-infused olive oil, red wine vinegar and black pepper.

Fillings: Munster cheese, Genoa salami, Black Forest ham, prosciutto and iceberg lettuce.

Somewhere in the middle are brown mustard and Lebanese garlic spread.

Served with garlic-stuffed olives.

Zardnaar

Legend
I’m learning to love ciabatta.
lBAZzYI.jpg

Had a couple mini ciabatta rolls; made twin mini sandwiches for dinner. Together, they were about the size of a decent hoagie.

Sliced them open & toasted them. Bottom got hit with basil-infused olive oil, butter and black pepper. Top got basil-infused olive oil, red wine vinegar and black pepper.

Fillings: Munster cheese, Genoa salami, Black Forest ham, prosciutto and iceberg lettuce.

Somewhere in the middle are brown mustard and Lebanese garlic spread.

Served with garlic-stuffed olives.

Looks great. I find ciabatta a bit dry and cheque but slices of it make great garlic/herb bread.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It is a bit dry, but with...five condiments, that wasn’t really an issue.

A lot of sub shops I’ve been to will have a spiced oil & vinegar mix that they use on a lot of their sandwiches. Sometimes, they’ll have a few. Or they won’t mix them, they‘ll just have a selection of them as optional toppings. And a dry bread- especially if toasted- can absorb a LOT of those flavored liquids.

Zardnaar

Legend
It is a bit dry, but with...five condiments, that wasn’t really an issue.

A lot of sub shops I’ve been to will have a spiced oil & vinegar mix that they use on a lot of their sandwiches. Sometimes, they’ll have a few. Or they won’t mix them, they‘ll just have a selection of them as optional toppings. And a dry bread- especially if toasted- can absorb a LOT of those flavored liquids.

Yeah I'm using a generous amount on ciabatta.

It's decent for an open sandwich using it for a base.

Zardnaar

Legend
Grilled cheese sandwich.

IMG_20201027_103447.jpg

Shredded chicken, pickle, cheese, sweet chilli sauce on southern oat bread.

Not half bad. More cheese next time.

Remove ads