Unusual Sandwiches

Zardnaar

Legend
Wanted Cheese toastie at local Cafe. It was plain cheese I like cheese and onion.

Barmaid said they could do that for me. Expected a bit of raw onion added maybe grilled if lucky.

He added caramalized onion.

20230701_092805.jpg
Basic Delicious.

Helps the owner also owns our local Indian and we're going here for my birthday and a favorite breakfast spot.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Late night snack:

Toasted sourdough with mayo, sliced tomatoes, salt & ground black pepper.

Quick, light, tasty, satisfying. This one’s going to be repeated in the future.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Wanted to indulge...

A soft flatbread with brie, chantarelles fried in butter with lots of black pepper, drizled over acacia honey, sliced cherry tomatoes with salt and pepper, thinly sliced red chili and leek.

Then rolled it up. Would probably have been even better on toasted bread..

Attachments

• IMG_20230906_204049.jpg
    IMG_20230906_204049.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Wanted to indulgence...

A soft flatbread with brie, chantarelles fried in butter with lots of black pepper, drizled over acacia honey, sliced cherry tomatoes with salt and pepper, thinly sliced red chili and leek.

Then rolled it up. Would probably have been even better on tasted bread..
I’d probably eat that.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
So my youngest teen son has recently gotten his first job, working at a cafe in town that happens to make fantastic sandwiches. He gets a staff meal and he isn't ignoring the possibilites. Today he made himself a sandwich on fresh baked panini filled with thick cut smoked bacon and marinated and thin sliced caribou finished with provolone, tomatoes, and some house made garlic mayo. I feel like I've taught him well.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
So my youngest teen son has recently gotten his first job, working at a cafe in town that happens to make fantastic sandwiches. He gets a staff meal and he isn't ignoring the possibilites. Today he made himself a sandwich on fresh baked panini filled with thick cut smoked bacon and marinated and thin sliced caribou finished with provolone, tomatoes, and some house made garlic mayo. I feel like I've taught him well.
Caribou? Where is this?

Remove ads