Explorer
These are the last two I made

Grilled Turkey Pastrami
Avocado
Baby Swiss
Sauteed Green Pepper, Red Pepper, Onion
Tomatoes
Honey Dijon Dressing
on homemade roll grilled in the same pan I cooked the pastrami and sauteed the vegetables in

and

Grilled Turkey Pastrami
Avocado
Smoked Mozzarella
Cole Slaw
Ginger Chili Dressing
On toasted pumpernickel

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just a thought: when I was in college, I ate so many PB & grape jelly sandwiches, I found I could no longer eat grape jelly. Instead, I now usually eat my PB with honey. Maple syrup works well, too.

Which made me think- what about Agave nectar? If you've never had it, it is similar in appearance & texture to maple syrup, and tastes a bit like cotton candy. Might work well with PB...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Which reminds me of this: the Lazy Man's Monte Christo.

A buddy of mine likes Monte Christo sandwiches. Specifically, the version which is ham (& turkey, sometimes), Swiss cheese, and strawberry preserves on French toast sprinkled with powdered sugar. Unfortunately for him, the restaurant that made those around here went out of business. He lamented this to me, wondering what he would do without his franken-sandwich...

I thought for a minute, and told him all he had to do was put his meat & cheese between a pair of freshly toasted frosted strawberry Pop-Tarts. Voila- Lazy Man's Monte Christo!

He ALMOST hugged me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases