Unusual Sandwiches

Zardnaar

Legend
Glorified sandwich right? Dinner tonight NZ Turkish.
IMG_20200305_174633.jpg

Not home made though. Chicken Shish probably not common in the USA. Not authentic it's been adapted for NZ taste.

Favorite fast food.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Due to low salt diet. Very basic homemade load of bread. Half brown/white mix of whole meal and white flour.

100% wholemeal is a bit chewy.

IMG_20200121_215739.jpg

Makes good grilled sandwiches. Hmmmn that might be the wholemeal loaf.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Did fancy grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight, because Lent. By fancy, I mean multiple cheese types- we were out of any bread niftier than Dad’s whole grain white.

Not a hell of a lot to report, but on mine I used 4 different kinds: Boar’s Head American, Boar’s Head smoked gruyere, Dietz & Watson Smokehouse onion cheddar, and Boursin original. The last was added almost as an afterthought, but that is a mistake I won’t repeat.

As in, Boursin won’t be an afterthought, it may well be the centerpiece. The creamy, herbed goodness it brought to the party, layered between the harder cheeses, was some next level flavor.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Did a lot of cooking the past 36 hours, including beer braising a corned beef and frying up a couple flavors of fancy-schmancy bacon from Divine Swine. Thus, my past two meals have both been sandwiches on a nice rosemary & olive oil bread, toasted.

Last night, it was just a simple corned beef with mayo & yellow mustard, done as a “quality control” check ( ;) ) on the results of my cooking. The corned beef came out super tender and subtly flavored- a win, in my book.

Today, it was the pepper bacon with spinach, onion sprouts and tomatoe, again with mayo & yellow mustard. Again, a win. But this time it was because the other ingredients actually toned-down the peppery saltiness of the bacon.

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Something that seems to have faded away is the art of the Dagwood sandwich. Basically it's a fairly highly stacked combination of salad, meat, cheese or whatever you have to hand. Top with Mayo or whatever your favourite dressing is. A proper Dagwood should be at least two or three inches high.

Back when I were a lad it was a staple of quick lunches, snacks or other slap-up food. Now you hardly ever hear it mentioned.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Something that seems to have faded away is the art of the Dagwood sandwich. Basically it's a fairly highly stacked combination of salad, meat, cheese or whatever you have to hand. Top with Mayo or whatever your favourite dressing is. A proper Dagwood should be at least two or three inches high.

Back when I were a lad it was a staple of quick lunches, snacks or other slap-up food. Now you hardly ever hear it mentioned.

Heh, shouldn't they be even taller to be proper Dagwood-sandwiches? And yes they are unfortunately still running that comic in my local newspaper... But here it is known as Blondie.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases