Unusual Sandwiches

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tbh its surprising how often those words are spoken in direct relation to some of the best recipes people discover.
Necessity is the mother of invention.

A few of the (non-sandwich) dishes I came up living alone in Austin were created either out of an absence of ingredients or having made something the same way too many times so that I was driven to experiment.

Zardnaar

Legend
This was how I learned most of what I know about cooking curry.

I'm only starting to mess around with curried now.

Had plans to make some nice Indian dishes.

Turned into Mexican/Indian hybrids, no Naans use Tortillas and adding the ingredients to store bought sauces.

Or adding Indian type spiced meats to Mexican type wraps.

My tikka massala paneer was tasty.

Georgia food in Russia looks tasty. I've had Iranian, Kuwaiti, Lebanon, Jordan, Morocco meals so throw in Turkey that area seems to be my favorite.

Both westernized and authentic dishes are tasty.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mom is an absolute nut for Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food. I like it a lot, but not like she does. So we’ve gone from Italian & Greek gateways into Lebanese, Iranian, Armenian, Saudi, Egyptian, Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli cuisine. Ethiopian, too.

That has given me the opportunity to get her trying Indian. Naan- especially garlic naan- is now welcome at her table any time.

Zardnaar

Legend
Mom is an absolute nut for Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food. I like it a lot, but not like she does. So we’ve gone from Italian & Greek gateways into Lebanese, Iranian, Armenian, Saudi, Egyptian, Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli cuisine. Ethiopian, too.

That has given me the opportunity to get her trying Indian. Naan- especially garlic naan- is now welcome at her table any time.

Quite happy to eat Greek sovlaki. We used to have an Iranian place that did saffron chicken and schwarma.

Remove ads