Unusual Sandwiches

Zardnaar

Legend
What's your idea of a burrito?

USA couple makes them here but use very little meat. Beans, salad a little bit of protein and cheese. Wrapped in tortillas I think. The big ones weigh about a pound.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
What's your idea of a burrito?

USA couple makes them here but use very little meat. Beans, salad a little bit of protein and cheese. Wrapped in tortillas I think. The big ones weigh about a pound.
Depends on who’s making them, but they can contain anything and range in size from 1-2” thick and 8” long to bigger than my forearm. The tortilla is usually flour, but may (rarely) be corn. Some also have tomato or spinach in the flour, making them orange or green, respectively. Once assembled, they’re generally not cooked...but a deep-fried burrito is a chimichanga.

They can be served naked, but salsas, quesos, chill and creamy pepper sauces are common.

The ones I usually get are stuffed kind of like a typical ground beef or ground chicken taco, but with beans added.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Depends on who’s making them, but they can contain anything and range in size from 1-2” thick and 8” long to bigger than my forearm. The tortilla is usually flour, but may (rarely) be corn. Some also have tomato or spinach in the flour, making them orange or green, respectively. Once assembled, they’re generally not cooked...but a deep-fried burrito is a chimichanga.

They can be served naked, but salsas, quesos, chill and creamy pepper sauces are common.

The ones I usually get are stuffed kind of like a typical ground beef or ground chicken taco, but with beans added.

Sounds similar you get the choice of protein or vegetarian. Porks the other option.

Zardnaar

Legend
Not sure if this is cheating but the menu said Angus campfire sandwich.

IMG_20200702_180122.jpg

It was so good. Bit small but the taste was OMG. Caramelized onions, bacon, peppered brandy sauce..

And a Californian flatbread. Was also nice by Californian they must have meant avocado.

IMG_20200702_174444.jpg

Outright cheating now. Desert was sticky date and fig pudding with butterscotch sauce and icecream.

IMG_20200702_184906.jpg

Washed down with an APA and stout.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
“Californian” is often culinary code for avocado being involved.

Figured.

Hawaiian means pineapple.

Crispy is fried.

These were new menu items. Waitress recognised us and gave us an 8 person table beside the gas "fire". For 2 people.

Been cold winter already. Last one was really mild been hitting -7 at the airport, sub zero in town. Forecasts are wet, cold, more wet and some added cold with a side helping of freezing.

Bit more upmarket than last night's kebab on D&D night. Went to old student haunt that hasn't been renovated since at least the 90's if not 80s.

Dark, dingy, wonky tables but it was glorious.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This sandwich is leftover brisket on an onion roll. I reheated the brisket with a mix of 2 different BBQ sauces and some Worcestershire sauce. The bun got hit with yellow mustard on the bottom and Lebanese garlic sauce on top. 2 slices of American cheese finished it off.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
@Dannyalcatraz That's a serious sandwich, no doubt. The brisket sliced or shredded? Dunno how it's done in your neck of the woods.
It was sliced, and I broke it up into smaller chunks- about the length of my thumb joint. Shredding it might have been better, though. It started to disintegrate a bit towards the end.

Remove ads