That sounds lovely! Have you considered adding some fresh basil leaves to the mix?Since I don't think I've posted this one, I'll share the sandwich that Mrs. Shiverstone and I have been having regularly the past few months: the Power House sandwich.
1. Two slices of think whole grain bread.
2. Mayo on slices.
3. Sprinkle Spike! seasoning thickly on mayo.
4. Three slices of Havarti or Muenster cheese (or go crazy and mix them!) on one slice of bread.
5. One or two thick slices of tomato (ideally, heirloom tomato) on top of the cheese. You want it edge to edge tomato.
6. Thick layer of sprouts (you preference to type; we like alfalfa or salad mix) on tomato.
7. Close sandwich
Serve with pickle and chips of choice. Enjoy!
Fried catfish on onion bagel for Mom.
Fried oysters on onion bagel for me.
On the last day of Lent 2023, Mom wanted a poboy for dinner…the day AFTER we went to a deli and got a dozen bagels and lox spread for the same purpose.
I pointed this out, so we compromised: I got a combo platter at a nearby Creole restaurant, and I made poboys at home, using the bagels instead of French bread. I didn’t have any lettuce, but otherwise, the “po oys” were fully dressed with butter, mayo, tomato, pickles and tomatoes. (Plus Tabasco on mine.)
All in all, it made for a nice change of pace. Would do again.
I want to say just over $20s for the soup and sandwich? (Before drink, tax, and tip.)