Unusual Sandwiches

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
@Dannyalcatraz I think I'd eat that sandwich. I'm not big on either radishes or sprouts but I'd give it a try before (probably) picking them off.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m not a big sprouts guy, either. At least, I wasn’t until I started going to the local Farmers’ Market back in mid-2018. One of the growers specializes in them, and lets you try before you buy.

I had already discovered onion sprouts as my sole enjoyed micro green when my supply disappeared from store shelves, so when I found out HE had them, I was happy. Then he let me try others.

At this point, I’ve added garlic and radish sprouts to my regular purchases from him, along with the onions. Sometimes broccoli or sunflower sprouts.

The onion, garlic, and broccoli sprouts all taste like milder versions of the mature plants. The radish sprouts do too, but they taste equally of a mild black pepper type flavor as well. There’s also a hint of sweetness. So now, radish sprouts are my #1 micro green.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hot link, Swiss & sautéed garlicky spinach sandwich:

Inspired by sandwiches from a variety of cultures that incorporate some kind of cooked greens. I did this with leftovers.

The onion roll is toasted & smeared with mayo. The hot link was warmed & split to lay securely on the roll. The partially warmed sautéed spinach was topped by the Swiss and then given 30 more seconds in the microwave to get a little melt. Then that was carefully laid on top of the sausage.

The results were VERY tasty. Would definitely do again. But I made ONE error.

Instead of cutting the sandwich in half ALONG THE LENGTH of the sausage, I cut ACROSS the sausage. Rookie mistake. The result: when I took the second bite, all of the ingredients vacated the sandwich in all directions with stunning alacrity, leaving me with a mayo and roll sandwich.

And speaking of sandwiches...Weinberger’s Deli strikes again! This is the Senator- one of their “off-menu” creations. As a result, I don’t know precisely what’s on it. There’s a couple of different meats, sautéed mushrooms, melted cheese and greens of some kind. All in all, a messy masterpiece!

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
There’s a Korean-American fusion place near me that has one of those on the menu. I haven’t tried one, but one of my cousins always gets it when we go, and since he makes it disappear so quickly, they must be good.

One of these days...

NB we put fried egg in the burgers,on top nope.

Zardnaar

Legend
When we say “on“ the burger, we’re also saying it’s between the buns, not on top. Just differences in language use!

Derp.

Pretty much any fish and chip shop here will put egg in a burger.

IMG_20200715_173115.jpg

Home made chicken, egg,bacon burger.

Remove ads