• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Up from the Dust: OOC [FULL]

Ashy

First Post
mps42 said:
He is one I would be interested in kicking the cobwebs off. But, as said earlier, I have upwards of a dozen characters sitting around, mostly level 1 and 2's (for some reason my games dont last that long). So, if you wind up needing something else (cleric, sorcerer, wizard, etc) Chances are decent I've got one.

Gotcha.

Ashy

First Post
Kor, Kelleris, and Hatter - I think for now, I'll have to say no, only because this game was expressely intended for those who already have characters they've spent time creating that have been "waiting in the wings". It just would not seem fair to bring in new chars... I will put you down as alternates, however.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ashy, I doubt I'm going to be able to make the daily post requirements... I just lack the patience to deal with undue “slowness” at the moment so I would like to bow out before you even start.

Have fun. :)

Ashy

First Post
No prob, BS, though I have no idea what slowness you are referring to... Typically my games move fairly quickly...

kyloss

First Post
Ahh.

I unfortunatly dont have any PBP chars. I do have I PBeM 3rd ed birthright char-is a channeler- (variant on psionics- is mystical has mystic focus requirement tied to a great dragon thing with slightly more mystical spell selection-summons instead of astral construcs kind of changes-plus sume minor necro type things) that seems like it could be right but as has been stated it is not already on the enworld boards. but would love to try if it could be okayed IIRC was between 6 and 8th and only birthright ability was a bloodmark and magic resistance.

Vargo

First Post
Got room for one more?

I lucked on to this thread through some twist of fate - I've been in several PBP games that went nowhere quickly. I'm going to harken back to my original character - Vargo (mumble) who was a 3rd edition LN human cleric with the domains of Knowledge and Madness, who belonged to the religious sect known as the Prisonkeepers. The game lasted through one combat, and then died with the DM dissapearing entirely. I believe this was BEFORE the board switch, and I've lost the link, but had the character sitting around.

I've updated him here for 3.5... Hope that's okay.

Vargo, Male Human Cleric4 CR 4; Size: M Face: 5.0 ft. Type HUMANOID; HD (4d8)+8; hp 30; Init +0 (+0 Dex, +0 Misc); Spd Walk 30'; AC 10 (flatfooted 10, touch 10), / ( /x ); SA: Rebuke Undead (Su) 4/day (turn level 4) (turn damage 2d6+5), Spontaneous casting; Vision: Normal AL: LN; Sv: Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +7; STR 12, DEX 10, CON 14, INT 14, WIS 17, CHA 12

Skills and Feats: Concentration +9, Heal +10, Knowledge (Religion) +9, Knowledge (The Planes) +9, Spellcraft +9; Augment Summoning, Extend Spell, Spell Focus (Conjuration)

Possessions:
Weapons: 1 morningstar, 4 shortspears, 1 dagger
Armor: Scale mail
Shields: Heavy metal shield
Goods: Backpack, bedroll, winter blanket, 4 pouches of caltrops, 2 scroll cases, pen and ink, 4 sheets paper, 5 pieces colored chalk (white, blue, yellow, red, black), flint and steel, grappling hook, 100' silk rope, wooden holy symbol, bullseye lantern, 4 flask of oil, traveler's outfit, belt pouch, 4 waterskins, 24gp, 10sp, 15cp.

Background: Vargo is a member of the ancient order of the Prisonkeepers. The Prisonkeepers were founded after the imprisonment of Tharizdun (or other Cthulhoid critter in whatever campaign) for the sole purpose of draining his divine power so that he cannot use it to escape. Each day, the Prisonkeepers draw energy away from Tharizdun and use it to fuel their own abilities - which come at a steep price. Madness is common in the Prisonkeepers, as the touch of Tharizdun's corrupting power eventually will poison even the most pure soul. Their ranks are drawn from orphans and outcasts, yet their role is essential - without their constant draining of Tharizdun's powers, he would break free from his prison and destroy the world.

(Original plan was to go Clr-5, then take Alienist prestige class... Not sure if that's an option.)

(Updated to 4th level - waiting for information on equipment before proceeding.)

Last edited:

yangnome

First Post
Ashy said:
So are you saying that you want to run all of the ones you posted equally? You want me to chose?
I'll let you choose what fits best for what you need. Out of the three posted, I'd really like to revisit Raven or Thordain, but Demetrie would be fine too. Looking at what has been posted so far, there might not be room for another cleric in the 7th level group. If you need someone for the 7th level group, Demetrie would probably fit in well. If you need an antagonist for the high level group, Raven would do the trick. At any rate, I'm flexible and willing to play whatever you need.

LeifVignirsson

First Post
Well, I don't think I qualify either, seeing that I was never "really" waiting in the wings to play a pbp adventure, though I was "thinking" about it *grins*

If you want to put me in reserve too, that is all right with me.

Scotley

Hero
I believe that Brother Shatterstone is refering to the slowness of the boards rather than the games. It can be rather frustrating from about 9:30 to 4:30 central. It takes such a long time for pages to update. It took my a half an hour to post a character yesterday. Is Larris in for the 7th level group?

Scotley

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads