Upcoming products will "touch on cultures that don't usually get exposure."

JPL

Adventurer
Yeah, it's not clear if they mean "Haven't done in 5E yet" (in which case Kara-Tur, Al-Quadim, and Maztica are the most likely candidates) vs. "Haven't done in D&D ever" (in which case you gotta think harder and speculate more).

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
Yeah, it's not clear if they mean "Haven't done in 5E yet" (in which case Kara-Tur, Al-Quadim, and Maztica are the most likely candidates) vs. "Haven't done in D&D ever" (in which case you gotta think harder and speculate more).

I would think that "don't usually" refers to archaic non-western settings, such as Kara-Tur and Al-Qadim, but I could be wrong.

JPL

Adventurer
I would think that "don't usually" refers to archaic non-western settings, such as Kara-Tur and Al-Qadim, but I could be wrong.

Or does it mean EXTREMELY Western settings, and the whole continent of Katashaka is nothing but cowboys, but like, elf cowboys?

That would be awesome to see. Really dug Throne of the Crescent Moon. I know Patrick Rothfuss has talked about working with Wizards on some unknown project, it'd be cool if they tapped Ahmed for Al-Qadim.

I think that if they do a Middle Eastern themed product such as Al-Quadim, I think it's highly likely that Saladin Ahmed will be involved.

Remove ads