• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UPDATE: Politics/Religion no longer permitted again!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, we've discussed it in the mod forum, and we've decided to give folks until the end of the week to finish up any discussions. Its sad, because I hoped it would work out better, but some of the content we've seen posted (as Umbran alluded to above) is pretty unpleasant and very much not in line with the site's goal of being welcoming and inclusive to all.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
OK, we've discussed it in the mod forum, and we've decided to give folks until the end of the week to finish up any discussions. Its sad, because I hoped it would work out better, but some of the content we've seen posted (as Umbran alluded to above) is pretty unpleasant and very much not in line with the site's goal of being welcoming and inclusive to all.

I do hope that some of that content was the gleeful and repeated naming Republicans as racists. Probably not, though. Didn't seem to be an issue before now.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Probably has to do with all the people who keep talking like they are wearing pillowcases on their heads.

Kramodlog

It looks like we will be closing down politics and religion discussion on Friday.

I have a modest resquest. Can we keep the thread about Trump that Danny started open?

Trump is a once in a life time sort of phenomenon. Especially with the primaries starting soon. Ok, the thread as died a bit, but there are two scenarios that could happen and one of them could change the traffic in that thread.

The first scenario is that he loses the Iowah and New hampshire primaries and we stop talking about him in less than a month. I look stupid for asking for the reprieve and politics is completely out of EW and the mod's hair. The second scenario is the he wins and keeps on winning. That becomes something that a lot of people will want to discuss. Instead of being able to discuss any politics, we just discuss one subjet matter that is rather unique. Seems like something that could be manegable and that could actually add to the community.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Honestly, I don't think much good will come of allowing the exception.

I mean, you're right about it, but considering the way Trump's rhetoric is veering, that campaign will either burn out or be a constant source of inflammatory dialog. The only other thing going on in there is the death-watch for the other GOP candidates.

Best, I think, to kill it along with the others.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I have a modest resquest. Can we keep the thread about Trump that Danny started open?

Trump is a once in a life time sort of phenomenon. Especially with the primaries starting soon. Ok, the thread as died a bit, but there are two scenarios that could happen and one of them could change the traffic in that thread.

The first scenario is that he loses the Iowah and New hampshire primaries and we stop talking about him in less than a month. I look stupid for asking for the reprieve and politics is completely out of EW and the mod's hair. The second scenario is the he wins and keeps on winning. That becomes something that a lot of people will want to discuss. Instead of being able to discuss any politics, we just discuss one subjet matter that is rather unique. Seems like something that could be manegable and that could actually add to the community.

This is a great idea! I mean, there's no one that supports Trump that comes here, right? Even if they do, they'll probably find the gleeful insulting of Trump in that thread as funny as the rest of us, no? And if they don't, it's not like they're real people or people we should respect anyway.

/snark

Kramodlog

This is a great idea! I mean, there's no one that supports Trump that comes here, right? Even if they do, they'll probably find the gleeful insulting of Trump in that thread as funny as the rest of us, no? And if they don't, it's not like they're real people or people we should respect anyway.

/snark

So, you're making an argument for a safe zone where people can avoid being offended?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
So, you're making an argument for a safe zone where people can avoid being offended?

Here, at ENW, where that's a general paraphrase of the rules? Yup. Morrus has already decided that the politics experiment is a failure because it creates to much of a bad atmosphere. You advocating for keeping your pet thread where you gleefully offend people that don't agree with you isn't exactly within the spirit of what Morrus' decision is about, is it?

Kramodlog

Honestly, I don't think much good will come of allowing the exception.

I mean, you're right about it, but considering the way Trump's rhetoric is veering, that campaign will either burn out or be a constant source of inflammatory dialog. The only other thing going on in there is the death-watch for the other GOP candidates.

Best, I think, to kill it along with the others.

It is true, there is a good chance that racism is much discussed in that thread. And I say why not? Trump is something that some members of the community will want to discuss, it will be contained in one place, andI know it isn't EW's mission, but racism needs to be adressed. Of course, if people can behave the axe can always fall on it like the rest.

Anyway, I said what I wanted to say. This is out of my hands.

Remove ads