updated: 5e Form fillable D&D next character sheet with spell caster option

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Could you upload it to the character sheets section? That way it will still be here when someone stumbles across this thread in 5 years!

sidonunspa

First Post
For sure...

I wanted to post it here to get some testing on the document

I'll edit what Blackbrrd pointed out and upload soon after

sidonunspa

First Post
Updated the PDF, download and review and tell me what you think

Still attempting to find a way to always have a numerical value show +# unless it's a negative value

Nilrem

First Post
So my D&D Next GM and I were loving ur character sheet, we wanted to say kudos as we will be using this new sheet...
We did notice one issue though. U said u could add a picture to the sheet, and yes it has the interactive field, but on Adobe Acrobat, the only pictures it will recognize is .pdf (which I dont think there are any). On Foxit, it doesnt recognize .png files. I dont know if these issues are a limitation of the programs (which I assume it is at this point), I also noticed on Foxit that the nice spell slot art layer doesnt work. My GM opened it on Adobe Acrobat and I saw all that wonderful art. I am saddened I don't see it on mine. Maybe you can make the different layers into just separate files?

On a side note, I am curious why u need a passive perception field along with a perception skill in the skill list. Also, what is the non-consummable magic items field for?

Only other thing that I liked on the WOTC sheet that I find I kind of miss is a worn gear section where u have the head, chest, gloves etc slots. If you could put something like that into one of the empty boxes on page 2 I think it would look nice.

sidonunspa

First Post
So my D&D Next GM and I were loving ur character sheet, we wanted to say kudos as we will be using this new sheet...
We did notice one issue though. U said u could add a picture to the sheet, and yes it has the interactive field, but on Adobe Acrobat, the only pictures it will recognize is .pdf (which I dont think there are any). On Foxit, it doesnt recognize .png files. I dont know if these issues are a limitation of the programs (which I assume it is at this point), I also noticed on Foxit that the nice spell slot art layer doesnt work. My GM opened it on Adobe Acrobat and I saw all that wonderful art. I am saddened I don't see it on mine. Maybe you can make the different layers into just separate files?

On a side note, I am curious why u need a passive perception field along with a perception skill in the skill list. Also, what is the non-consummable magic items field for?

Only other thing that I liked on the WOTC sheet that I find I kind of miss is a worn gear section where u have the head, chest, gloves etc slots. If you could put something like that into one of the empty boxes on page 2 I think it would look nice.

I uploaded a cleaned up version to the downloads page

now to questions,

1) you bring up a good point about layers.. I keep forgetting that everyone does not use Acrobat! :/

2) with acrobat you can import a .jpg (I tested it myself) but, I guess it's limited on other platforms.

3) I'll split spellcasters and non-spell casters them off into different pages, I guess it's a cleaner way to do it.

4) Worn gear section? on which WoTC sheet? care to link the sheet to me?

5) the passive perception is on the new official sheets and pre-gens, the number of items is from the official sheet for the new 5e shared campaigns... remember perception skill is when you are actively looking around, passive is used by the GM when your not.

Nilrem

First Post
I uploaded a cleaned up version to the downloads page

now to questions,

1) you bring up a good point about layers.. I keep forgetting that everyone does not use Acrobat! :/

2) with acrobat you can import a .jpg (I tested it myself) but, I guess it's limited on other platforms.

3) I'll split spellcasters and non-spell casters them off into different pages, I guess it's a cleaner way to do it.

4) Worn gear section? on which WoTC sheet? care to link the sheet to me?

5) the passive perception is on the new official sheets and pre-gens, the number of items is from the official sheet for the new 5e shared campaigns... remember perception skill is when you are actively looking around, passive is used by the GM when your not.

2. I am unsure why we can't use jpg then as the only option it gave him was pdf file. I will see if he needs to update it this evening when he gets home.
4. The sheet from the playtest back in December. I tried linking but as I am new to this site I wasn't allowed. It is the main winner from the Wizards website back in December.
5. is there a number difference between the active and passive stat if they are both perception I guess is the question.

Thanks for the quick response. I havent been able to see the new updated version yet, last one I can find on the character sheet page is yesterday mornings updated page. Like I said, even with those VERY MINOR things it is still an AWESOME sheet. kudos.

Remove ads