[UPDATED - With Cubicle 7] Games Workshop Concluding Deal For Licensing Rights To Warhammer Fantasy

Either Cubicle 7 or Modiphius.

GreyLord

Legend
I too would hope for something more in line with 1e or 2e WFRP. I really enjoy the system.

I'm pretty certain they wouldn't use FFG's system that was used in 3e, as I think that's specific and OWNED by FFG (or Asmodee now).

I personally don't mind if they use AoS, though I imagine if they do something like that, they'll utilize an era type idea like was used in the SW RPGs by WotC where you can play in different eras of time. That way, they have their main focus as AoS, but allow anyone to play in other eras of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying.

However, I don't think I'd buy it if they require special dice like FFG did. Even going a 5e route would be preferable to that as at least I already have dice that can be used for that without having to invest in these special dice which work for ONLY ONE system.

My preference though, as I stated at the top is that they go back to using a system more like the 1e and 2e type systems, than going with another system (like D&D) or creating a new one from scratch.

Crusadius

Adventurer
I would like to see the following:

• The career system to remain. Without a doubt the careers system has been the best introduction to the Old World Setting and it would be a shame to see it dropped.
  • A new system in general - D100 roll-under just feels limiting and contributes to the often complained about whiff factor of WFRP.
  • The magic system to be revamped to allow wizard characters to choose Necromancy, Chaos and corruption no matter what college of magic they already belong to. The road to hell is, after all, paved with good intentions.

Crusadius

Adventurer
You certainly chose necromancy, that's for sure...

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

What I mean is that the system in 2E only allowed Arcane Lore or Dark Lore taken once (unless you read the Journeyman Wizard career in a particular way - I was surprised you could read it such that allowed a character to have both Arcane Lore and Dark Lore). Which meant a wizard couldn't later study Necromancy. I think the WFRP system should allow characters to do such a thing - they can do all sorts of other things such as getting addicted to drugs and catching really nasty diseases, so why not becoming a Necromancer when a little older and finding colour magic doesn't have all the answers.

Remove ads

Remove ads