Upper_Krust: Fix This

Eversius

First Post
The High Lord template is vague... Too vague. I think you really need to spell out how ability bonuses a worked out for stacking the Time Lord template, as well as special abilities, etc. Maybe it's just me, though...

dante58701

Banned
Banned
If a paladin intentionally lied in any of my campaigns to set someone up for murder. Id revoke his paladin status immediately until he atoned for his sins. Lying is very dishonorable and very blackguard-like, especially when he is trying to get others to kill for him.

dante58701 said:
If a paladin intentionally lied in any of my campaigns to set someone up for murder. Id revoke his paladin status immediately until he atoned for his sins. Lying is very dishonorable and very blackguard-like, especially when he is trying to get others to kill for him.
Very true.
I am giving him the benefit of the doubt; The player is playing a character very contradictory to his own personality and previous character styles, so I give him a bit of leeway on the code of conduct. The player isn't very experienced at the game, but otherwise isn't too bad.
And yes, he soon will be a fallen paladin unless he does something appropriate. I have told the player of his 'predicament' and he is going to seek amends before it is too late.

Not to derail this thread entirely; Heres a needed fix list: (In no particular order; Mostly from the powers section)

- Why is it that Demiurges get Interdimentional for free, but time lords do not?
- Goetic blood is broken; I know you talked about a fix earlier. As it is now, 1-shoting a deity seems to summon a being MUCH stronger than the deity killed. (A friend's converted Lesser god of Fire could summon a CR ~200 creature upon death.) Oh, and it works rediculously well with Vengeful Effect. :)
- The divine ability 'Uncanny Dodge' is the name of a class feature for many classes. Perhaps changing it to some other name would negate any possible confusion.
- Are there any limits to Vicissitude? Minimum hit die for a 'monster?' Ok, I choose my alternate Identity to be a Nexus Dragon. Game.
- Chimerical, and alot of the 'stack wild shape' type effects need to be clarified better. Do I just add their stats together? Do I take the Strength of monster A and add the strength of monster B? or do I subtact 10 from Monster B's strength score first?
- Cosmic Firmament Cosmic Ability is the same name as a Divinity template power. They clearly have different, but similar, effects. (Always on home plane vs Double divine rank on home plane) Which is it? Or are they meant to be different powers, and thusly one should change names.
- Gravitic Effect takes away percentages of the foes life... Is that a % of current HP or maximum HP? If it's total, gravitic effect is only good round 1, and can't kill anyone... (Unless you get it to 50+% and round up on that last hit point... or 100+% :)) And if it's maximum, it becomes the 'best' damaging move in the game. No matter how you compare with your foe, your ability to kill them is the same. Supreme Being? Bah, shoot him with a Quantum Gravitic Beam! I have nothing against either interpretation, but it isn't clear which one should be used.
- Absolute, the Omnific Ability, isn't clear on what it gives you. (Other than 'the win' :))

dante58701

Banned
Banned
You should toss in a mentor paladin that teaches this paladin exactly how hard it is to be a paladin. Perhaps make him a fallen paladin who became a blackguard then realized the folly of his ways...only it was too late...so now hes a ghost and doomed to wander the mortal planes forever.

WarDragon

First Post
The Fire Portfolio still doesn't say when it's Hero-deity competence bonus kicks in.

The Good Portfolio's Rapture refers to Superior Unholy Effect.

The Law Portfolio still doesn't say when it's Hero-deity competence bonus kicks in.

The Revenge Portfolio's Lesser power refers to "Force Bane."

The Strength Portfolio's Hero power still gives a bonus to Strength, at all times. I'm sure that's not what you meant.

Cunning Body is suddenly different from all the other "stat to bonus" abilities.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
The Craft (Metalworking) Portfolio lists construct traits and then is says in the double portfolios ...bonus is equal to double the deities divine rank. I can only assume you meant to have Iron Body as the next freebie on the tier since there is no bonus to anything.

I love the additions to the divine templates themselves. I know they aren't completely finished...but they're fairly close.

Question regarding Iron Body and Adamantine Body and such...the dexterity penalty that is mentioned in the description (-5 for Iron Body, -8 for Adamantine Body)...is this with the virtual size categories or is this a seperate penalty due purely to being metal. Do I stack the virtual size dexterity penalty with that or is it assumed to be included in that.

Pssthpok

First Post
Remember to fix Withering [Effect]. I'd suggest dropping it from 1/2 to 1/4 or even 1/6.
Also, is Diseased [Effect] supposed to be as powerful as it is? I mean, it's technically twice as strong as Withering, with the exception that a heal will take care of it; still, given the power of it, it's almost a one-hit-kill policy for anyone who doesn't have a macro-score capable of standing up to the effect for at least one round. I'd suggest, if you think it necessary, to drop this to where Withering is now, i.e. at 1/2.

EDIT: Also... BOOKMARKS!

Last edited:

Phantom Llama

First Post
There are lots of 'quodruplings' in the Portfolios chapter. It's spelt 'quadrupled'.

There are still lots of 'enchantment bonuses'. Enchantment is a school of magic relating to mind control. Enhancement is the bonus type. The first example that springs to mind is the Object portfolio, at least back in the 2.2 version.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases