ZEITGEIST Using Midjourney image AI to imagine Zeitgeist

efreund

Explorer
right now I'm stuck trying to made a decent remake of one of my favourite arts of the adventure, the one of ashima shimtu...

Have you ever tried working on her arts with MidJourney?
I hadn't tried previously, but since you asked, I decided to take a crack at her. Unfortunately, I found her very challenging.

1) in general, it's hard to get MidJourney to do inhuman races
2) in general, it's nearly impossible to get MidJourney to do non-standard poses
3) the particular combination of "demoness" and "chains" tended to produce a lot of NSFW results (even with filters on); I guess that's the nature of the training data....

Anyway, I've attached a few of the versions I came up with. I'm really not happy with any of them. Though if I had to pick, I think #2 is my favorite, mostly because of the way her mouth looks like it was sealed shut and then ripped open.

I'm still working on the Ob, but Roland Stanfeild is proving to be an exceptionally difficult nut to crack. Though I am happy with all three versions of Nic (one per Act) :cool:.

Attachments

• demoness_floating_in_the_abyss_full_body_upside-down_posit_86540279-3c66-454f-ba95-4a25d2e7c718.png
    demoness_floating_in_the_abyss_full_body_upside-down_posit_86540279-3c66-454f-ba95-4a25d2e7c718.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • demoness_lying_facedown_suspended_by_chains_in_midair_pron_6ea8a23d-357d-4d58-bd08-367f0dd4c3d2.png
    demoness_lying_facedown_suspended_by_chains_in_midair_pron_6ea8a23d-357d-4d58-bd08-367f0dd4c3d2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
  • demoness_hanging_upsidedown_headfirst_by_chains_in_darknes_5da899a0-5548-4422-a00d-696ef34197f7.png
    demoness_hanging_upsidedown_headfirst_by_chains_in_darknes_5da899a0-5548-4422-a00d-696ef34197f7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
  • demoness_lying_facedown_suspended_by_chains_in_midair_full_45860b00-38c2-4057-9a0b-59abf5712602.png
    demoness_lying_facedown_suspended_by_chains_in_midair_full_45860b00-38c2-4057-9a0b-59abf5712602.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 133

Rukaiko

Explorer
Yeah, I noticed that too, I made a lot of pictures with stable diffusion but I had to add negative prompts like nsfw or nipples :cry: Those are really beautiful pictures but I was trying for something more demon-like and less photorealistic... I was thinking that maybe using mystic from x-men as reference could help for the scaled skin...
Would love to see your Nic versions btw!

skelekon

Explorer
So I too have been bitten by the Midjourney bug, creating character portraits for Zeitgeist, so I thought I would post them here in case they can be of use.

I used a lot of the prompts upthread as the basis for several of them, so thanks for that.

Later on I also used /prefer option set to create a pre-canned command strings that get appended to the main character description, and I highly recommend this for two reasons:
  • it can help create a consistent look
  • if later on you decide you want everything to look like sepia photos, pencil sketches or watercolours or whatever you can define a new option and reuse the original character description with the new option

King Aodhan:
[fantasy character portrait, Clarke Peters as a King, nearly bald, close-cropped thinning [salt and pepper] beard, gold headband, wise, calm expression, green shirt, forest green cloak, steampunk, faerie, in a medieval castle]
King Aodhan.png

Duchess Ethelyn - her NPC card kind of reminded me of Aretha Franklin in the Blues Brothers:
[fantasy character portrait, Aretha Franklin as a Victorian-era duchess, greying hair, green dress, gold trim, diamond earrings ::5 deformed, simple, undeveloped concept, generic personality, inconsistent style::-2]
Duchess Ethelyn.png

Benedict Pemberton - he's described as speaking with a drawl, so I always thought of Sam Elliott.
[fantasy character portrait, Sam Elliott with a thick walrus mustache, short hair, in a beige tailored Victorian era suit, at an industrial steampunk factory]
Benedict Pemberton.png

Geoff Massarde:
[fantasy character portrait, Christopher Lambert, middle-aged, horns, glowing red eyes, drinking martini, on the deck of a sailing ship]
Geoff Massarde.png

Harkover Lee - struggling to get one that's recognisably Ricardo Montalban:
[Ricardo Montalban as a politician, elderly, clean-shaven, dressed in red and gold, Victorian era, inside a castle ::5 full body portrait, fantasy, dnd::4 atmospheric, perfect skin, perfect color processing, perfect lighting::3 logo, text, signature::-2]
Harkover Lee.png

Lorcan Kell - I like this one but could be a bit older:
[Danny Trejo in a fine tailored suit, threatening expression, Victorian era, on a balcony inside an old theater ::5 full-length portrait, fantasy, dnd::4 atmospheric, perfect skin, perfect color processing, perfect lighting::3 blemishes, logo, text, signature, deformed, simple, undeveloped concept, generic personality, inconsistent style::-2 ]
Lorcan Kell.png

Last edited:

skelekon

Explorer
Margaret Saxby - I used Robin Wright as the model as there are a lot more pics of her to train MJ compared to Elizabeth Gracen. Can't for the life of me get a short hairdo - I suspect it conflicts with the Victorian era setting. (Also I just noticed she's bi-eyed).
She's not mad , she's just disappointed:
[fantasy character portrait, Robin Wright, blonde pixie cut, dressed as a senior detective, ruffled white collar, navy blue suit, condescending expression, in a Victorian-era office, waist up]
Margaret Saxby.png

Rutger Smith:
[Che Guevara, 40 years old, dressed in a naval uniform, neatly trimmed beard, Victorian era, on the deck of a sailing ship ::5 full body portrait, fantasy, dnd::4 atmospheric, perfect skin, perfect color processing, perfect lighting::3 logo, text, signature::-2]
Rutger Smith.png

Stover Delft:
[Mark Sheppard, clean-shaven, receding hair, weary expression, dressed as a Victorian era detective ::5 full-length portrait, fantasy, dnd::4 atmospheric, perfect skin, perfect color processing, perfect lighting::3 blemishes, logo, text, signature, deformed, simple, undeveloped concept, generic personality, inconsistent style::-2 ]
Stover Delft.png

Thames Grimsley - hard to get a scarred face:
[William Shatner, middle-aged, curly dark hair, facial scar, dressed as a sleeveless shirt, ::5 full-length portrait, fantasy, dnd::4 atmospheric, perfect skin, perfect color processing, perfect lighting::3 blemishes, logo, text, signature, deformed, simple, undeveloped concept, generic personality, inconsistent style::-2 ]
Thames Grimsley.png

Glaucia Evora:
[fantasy character portrait, anthropomorphic hyena, red stole, waist up]
Glaucia Evora.png

Gale - I like the random bird delivering a message:
[Katrina Kaif as an elf, light blue dress, flying over a Victorian era city ::5 full-length portrait, fantasy, dnd::4 atmospheric, perfect skin, perfect color processing, perfect lighting::3 blemishes, logo, text, signature, deformed, simple, undeveloped concept, generic personality, inconsistent style::-2 ]
Hana Soliogn.png

Last edited:

skelekon

Explorer
Nilasa Hume:
[fantasy character portrait, dnd elf, long black hair, dusky skin, smiling, green dress ]
Nilasa Hume.png

Rush Munchausen:
[fantasy character portrait, male dnd elf bodyguard, short black hair, holding a plain silver rod, smirking expression, victorian era ]
Rush Munchausen.png

Eberardo:
[fantasy character portrait, anthropomorphic red dragon, leather armor, large sword, waist up]
Eberardo.png

Valando:
[fantasy character portrait, anthropomorphic red dragon, magician robes, staff, waist up]
Valando.png

Nicolas Dupiers:
[male French miner, foreman, Victorian era, in a mineshaft ::5 full body portrait, fantasy, dnd::4 atmospheric, perfect skin, perfect color processing, perfect lighting::3 logo, text, signature::-2 ]
Nicolas Dupiers.png

Hessar Marseine:
[fantasy character portrait, French soldier, bandage covering one eye, victorian era, in a prison]
Hessar Marseine.png

skelekon

Explorer
Lieutenant Dale:
[Kyle MacLachlan as a British soldier, friendly expression, Victorian era ::5 full-length portrait, fantasy, dnd::4 atmospheric, perfect skin, perfect color processing, perfect lighting::3 logo, text, signature::-2 ]
Lieutenant Dale.png

Ghillie Dhu - creepy third hand:
[fantasy character portrait, a middle-aged male fey, holding a shillelagh, in a hedge maze]
Ghillie Dhu.png

Lya Jierre - still trying to get one I'm happy with:
[fantasy character portrait, young Carrie Fisher, horns, glowing red eyes]
Lya Jierre.png

Asrabey Varal - still working on this as it's hard to get the sword & shield:
[fantasy character portrait, full body, male Bollywood star, pointy elf ears, completely golden eyes, right hand wielding a flaming sword, left hand holding a shield embossed with a lion face]
Asrabey Varal.png

Nathan Jierre:
[fantasy character portrait, male, 20 years old, horns, glowing red eyes, victorian era, in a laboratory]
Nathan Jierre.png

Ilton:
[fantasy character portrait, male Hobbit, middle aged, assassin, waist up]
Ilton.png

skelekon

Explorer
Boy, it's eerie how good these are. A year from now, where will we be?
Yes it's crazy how quickly this advances.

Things I'm still struggling with are:
  • getting inhuman skin tones for Roland Stanfield
  • getting Merton Goncala to wear a helmet. MJ has very specific ideas about what an orc looks like

Last edited:

skelekon

Explorer
Just to elaborate on use of the prefer set option, here are 3 images for Rutger Smith using the same prompt [Che Guevara, 40 years old, dressed in a naval uniform, neatly trimmed beard, Victorian era, on the deck of a sailing ship] but with different pre-defined styles - charcoal, ink and painting, respectively:
Smith charcoal.png

Smith ink.png

Smith painting.png

Remove ads