[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Keth raised his arms to protect his face. He hisses through clenched teeth as the flames burn his skin. However, the pain is offset by his relief to see Soumral able to move again. "We cannot allow him to use our companions for any more evil! We must put them to rest, and then regroup!" he shouts. The elf charges his blade with shocking grasp and swings at the undead that was once Calarek.
The flames of the firestorm burn Kethrendil from head to toe. His clothes smoulder as he swings his courtblade. The blade slices through the air but the blazing bones somehow just manages to avoid the elven duskblade's strike.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Little tiefling, where did you run to?" Thalamond laughs from deep within the solid fog. "I wish to thank you. While your allies cannot see me, I can still see them. Ha! Ha Ha! I see everything now! You cannot blind the stars of the Dragon Empire!"

The High Artificer's voice rises in pitch as he quickly cast two spells one after another, unnaturally fast.

OOC: Spellcraft check to hear the spells that the High Artificer is casting. -2 circumstance bonus.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The inside of the temple erupts in flames engulfing all the heroes and the blazing bones. Keth, who just was burned by the blazing bones eruption takes the full blast of the fire storm. Red fills his vision as he watches the flames engulf Dakashi, Soumral, and Idriane, as well.

The fire storm engulfs the street outside of the temple as well. Thrak watches as the flames engulf his mistress at the very edge of its range. He can't see whether or not the flames burnt Shaz or Rodan. The hobgoblin had been heading towards the temple. Thrak doesn't give him much hope for survival.

OOC: Damage is on the OOC thread.
 

Shayuri

First Post
The goliath immediately makes for the fallen tiefling, already fishing a vial of potion from a pouch on his belt. He's seen enough plans in his day to know when one's going bad. At this point getting her awake again and getting them both out of there was the only thing on his mind.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The flames roar all around Idriane and she screams in pain as she dies. Her skin blisters off and the hollow voice of the High Artificer laughs in manic glee.

Outside, Tocrhor balks at the entrance as Shaz and Rodan fall back. He hears the word subsumed and blood runs cold. "Run! Everyone run!" He screams. He turns to run but then the flames appear out of nowhere all around him. He tries to throw himself against the side of the temple, seeking any sort of shelter but the flames engulf him and burn through his skin all the way to his bones. He dies thinking, Another world, lost.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The goliath immediately makes for the fallen tiefling, already fishing a vial of potion from a pouch on his belt. He's seen enough plans in his day to know when one's going bad. At this point getting her awake again and getting them both out of there was the only thing on his mind.
When the flames clear, he scoops her up. He sees the charred remains of the hobgoblin fused to the wall of the temple. He dumps the vial down her half-charred throat and picks her up and runs for it.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
In the Temple

Dakashi immediately uses up a power point to stave off the worst of the blazing bones' fiery ability. Moments later, he is very glad he did so, as he hears Thalamond recite his spells and quickly recognizes the first as freedom of movement and second as a dangerous fire storm spell. The spell fills his vision and he tries his best to avoid the flames. Without his elan ability, he'd be dead, as the flames burn away much of his life force.

As the flames of the High Artificer's fire storm spell cease, he sees that he and Soumral are the only two in the temple still standing. She looks unhurt, having somehow managed to avoid the flames of the fire storm. Keth lies on the ground, burnt and unmoving. The female cleric of Gond is a pile of ashes.

Worse than that, the blazing bones look, stronger. The High Artificer hasn't left the solid fog, but Dakashi knows the magical fog won't be a hindrance to the cleric now.

Time to go, the elan thinks to himself.

OOC: For [MENTION=161]Buddha the DM[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6855111]tekknowkub[/MENTION].
 

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Soumral keeps an eye on the solid fog, and makes her way as quickly as possible outside and out of line of sight from the doorway. She has the feeling that she'll need the room to move about should this go any more sideways than it already has.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Even though Rodan shelters himself of to the left side of the open doorway, he takes the full brunt of the High Artificer's fire storm spell. As his eyes darken, he thinks to himself, 'I should have flown away'.

OOC: Rodan is down. He is at 0 hit points.
 

KainG

Explorer
Emiko kicks open the door. With the city's inhabitants fleeing, it was easy enough for her to hurry towards the House of Wonders unimpeded, and empty buildings made for good look-out positions. Yin Hun's reported the situation was heavily degrading, requiring her to abandon their makeshift safe house to support her boss in the field. She climbs the stairs skipping every other step, breaks into a room, and smashes the glass out of the window. She presses against the wall, and readies her plasma rifle. She takes aim at the temple's entrance, zooming in her sight through her scope.

"Six, I'm in position, over," she says in her personal communicator.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: Dakashi will psionic teleport out and if he can take anyone close by with he will.
Dakashi knows he has only moments to act. He looks at Keth on the ground and hopes his psionic teleport will bring the fallen elf with him. He activates his power and disappears from inside the temple. He is glad to see that Keth's body came with him, as they appear on the street near Thrak.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"After them," the voice of the High Artificer emanates from the solid fog. Only Shaz is close enough to hear. "And bring me the one called Haspur. Do not burn him, too much."

A blazing bones turns towards the the temple's entrance, and begins moving towards Shaz and the fallen Rodan. It stops and throws fire at the half-dragon. The hurled fire hits the doorframe instead of the Scion of Copper. Luckily, the flames don't touch Rodan either.

OOC: Ranged fire attack > 1d20+5=20
 

KainG

Explorer
The soldier rushes into the temple, ignoring any remaining bystander gawking as his (alien to them) armored form. Damn it, everything's gone FUBAR, Yin Hun thinks to himself. He had been observing the locals and the few Imperial outworlders since they overcame the pirate attack, gathering intelligence on them should they be useful in forming the first resistance cell to Imperial occupation. However, that all went completely sideways with the corruption of one of their head priests. And from what he had observed, it was not going well for the locals. Yin Hun did not want to reveal himself so soon, but he made a judgement call, and decided to move in.

Through his communicator, he hears Emiko confirm that she is in position. He feels some relief knowing that she has his back. "Copy that! Moving in!"

With one final long stride, Yin Hun leaps into the temple's entrance, his assault blaster raised. "Get him out of here! I'll cover you!" he yells through the intercom of his helmet to the half-dragon. He takes aim, and fires at the blazing bones near them.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Through his communicator, he hears Emiko confirm that she is in position. He feels some relief knowing that she has his back. "Copy that! Moving in!"

With one final long stride, Yin Hun leaps into the temple's entrance, his assault blaster raised. "Get him out of here! I'll cover you!" he yells through the intercom of his helmet to the half-dragon. He takes aim, and fires at the blazing bones near them.
The electricity discharge from his assault blaster turns the blazing bones closest to him into a pile of fried bones and cloth. The embers of the undead go out. Yin Hun can see that there is one more blazing bones left, but he can't see the turned priest through the solid fog just off to his left.

The other blazing bones rushes at him quickly. More quickly than seems normal. The undead's unnatural fire seems more intense than the one that he just put down. It tries to slam him with its fists. The first impacts his armor, hard, but it doesn't do any damage. The second swing goes wild. Yin Hun knows he's facing the undead form of the monk who's helped the others at the docks earlier.

"Another interloper," the High Artificer whispers from inside the fog. "You will regret throwing in with these others." Yin Hun can hear the man casting a spell from deep within the fog. The next thing he knows, his entire combat hardsuit begins to vibrate on him.

Then the veiled man speaks again. "Doom."

OOC: Slam attack > 1d20+10=24 (miss), 1d20+10=13 (miss)

The High Artificer casts shatter on Yin Hun's magical armor. Will save (DC 20) negates the spell. Use either Yin Hun's Will save (+4) or the hardsuit's own save (?), whichever is higher. As a magical object, the hardsuit has a save modifier of one-half its required caster level to create, plus 2. | Second Will save vs. doom spell. DC is 19 for that save. If he fails, he is shaken.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The High Artificer's spells break through Yin Hun's protections. His armor is sundered, as the shatter spell causes it to come apart. Soon, it is shards and dust at his feet. Then the doom spell enters his mind and shakes his resolve. This opponent, this subsumed cleric, is powerful. Too powerful to confront out in the open.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Shaz picks up Rodan and heads away from the temple. He soon comes upon Thrak, carrying Lady Sil, and Dakashi standing over the dead body of Keth. "We should not leave him to be used by the High Artificer. Can you carry him?" Shaz asks Dakashi.
 

Shayuri

First Post
Thrak nods in grim recognition of Shaz, and takes a potion from a pouch in his belt to pour down the tiefling's throat as best he can without actually putting her down. (Cure Moderate Wounds: [roll0])

She awakens almost immediately, coughing and sputtering, and Thrak sets her down right away. It takes a moment for her to regain her balance, then another to look around and figure out what's going on.

Thrak confirms it simply by saying, "We are fleeing. The man, the Chosen, is that way."

If Dakashi doesn't pick the dead body up, or is even too slow to respond, Thrak picks it up and will move with Silhouette to recover Haspur and get the flock out.

(not a bad roll; Silhouette is at 16 HP)
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Thrak nods in grim recognition of Shaz, and takes a potion from a pouch in his belt to pour down the tiefling's throat as best he can without actually putting her down. (Cure Moderate Wounds: [roll0])

She awakens almost immediately, coughing and sputtering, and Thrak sets her down right away. It takes a moment for her to regain her balance, then another to look around and figure out what's going on.

Thrak confirms it simply by saying, "We are fleeing. The man, the Chosen, is that way."
Shaz wonders if Rodan has a potion handy but instead of trying to find it, the half-dragon lugs the cleric over his shoulder, carefully, and checks to make sure no one gets left behind. "Lets move!" He suggests loudly. Then he speaks to Nel over their comms. "Nel, we're coming to you. Fast! Things have gone badly. Get those wagons moving out of the city as quickly as possible!"

If Dakashi doesn't pick the dead body up, or is even too slow to respond, Thrak picks it up and will move with Silhouette to recover Haspur and get the flock out.
Dakashi seems to be laboring under his own weight, having been hurt more than he's been in some time. Thrak picks up the dead form of Keth and soon all of them are fleeing as fast as they can. Looking back, so far, there is no sign of pursuit. But that could quickly change.

OOC: Sil is up first for round 4.
 

KainG

Explorer
Yin Hun stares disbelievingly at the the blazing bones before him as his helmet, followed by his armor, shatter and fall to the floor, piece by piece. But before he can react, the despair he had buried deep before embarking on his mission bubbled up to the surface once more. Memories flashed before his eyes, memories of those he had failed. "One-Shot" Garrick, slumped over in a ditch with half of his head burned away still clutching his sniper rifle. Sabra Half-tusk, engulf by an explosion after she had shoved him onto the shuttle. That new kid that joined the Wolf Pack on their last planet, catching a shot in the chest. Dammit, what was that kid's name...?

And for a brief moment, he saw Emiko, laying on the ground face up, but with no life in her eyes.

Yin Hun thought all his training, all his experiences in war, had made him cold as steel. But today, he was given a grim reminder that even he can still feel fear.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Yin Hun stares disbelievingly at the the blazing bones before him as his helmet, followed by his armor, shatter and fall to the floor, piece by piece. But before he can react, the despair he had buried deep before embarking on his mission bubbled up to the surface once more. Memories flashed before his eyes, memories of those he had failed. "One-Shot" Garrick, slumped over in a ditch with half of his head burned away still clutching his sniper rifle. Sabra Half-tusk, engulf by an explosion after she had shoved him onto the shuttle. That new kid that joined the Wolf Pack on their last planet, catching a shot in the chest. Dammit, what was that kid's name...?

And for a brief moment, he saw Emiko, laying on the ground face up, but with no life in her eyes.

Yin Hun thought all his training, all his experiences in war, had made him cold as steel. But today, he was given a grim reminder that even he can still feel fear.
He quickly regains his senses and realizes he needs to run. He dashes out the temple's open doorway, but as he does, the blazing bones manages to strike at him hard. The blow hurts him and burns his back as well.

OOC: Are you going to toss the grenade?
 

Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition Starter Box

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top