log in or register to remove this ad

 

[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (On Hiatus)


log in or register to remove this ad

Shayuri

First Post
"That," came a voice from the shadows near the treeline, "will be more than enough of that." The voice echoed oddly, and a brief flicker of illusion caused something to seem to leap at the massive draconic creature just in time to distract it!

Arcane syllables were uttered, and the light in the grove seemed to dim to twilight levels momentarily. Shadows reached out from where they lay on the ground, cast by tree trunks, and twined around the limbs of the harrowblade to try to hold it in place!

(Move action to attempt to Feint with Bluff check: [roll0]. Hold Monster. Will save DC 26, if Bluff is successful, 24 if not, or be paralyzed. SR check if needed: [roll1]. Add 2 to that if the Bluff is successful.)
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"That," came a voice from the shadows near the treeline, "will be more than enough of that." The voice echoed oddly, and a brief flicker of illusion caused something to seem to leap at the massive draconic creature just in time to distract it!

Arcane syllables were uttered, and the light in the grove seemed to dim to twilight levels momentarily. Shadows reached out from where they lay on the ground, cast by tree trunks, and twined around the limbs of the harrowblade to try to hold it in place!
The harrowblade pauses for a second as the illusion distracts it, but the shadows fail to gasp onto it. The harrowbeast doesn't even seem aware that anything tried to hold it in place. The spell simply has no effect on the magical beast. Silhouette can sense that the creature cannot be held!

OOC: Harrowblade's Sense Motive > 1d20+2=11
This was Yin Hun's first time seeing such a beast, but he recognized a threat when he was one.

"Let's see what you're made of," he muttered. He drew the elfbow, and loosed two arrows at the harrowblade in rapid succession.
Unlike with Belgeon's shot, the two arrows from the elfbow find the mark. One thumps into its left shoulder while another pierces its right forelimb. The harrowblade roars in anger. It's head whips around towards Yin Hun.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The magical beast's roar is answered by another from within the forest. Another harrowblade can be heard stomping through the trees towards the battle. It will appear in moments.
 

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Soumral, for the sake of expediency, opts to stab the harrowblade again with her dagger rather than take the time to sheath it and draw his sword.

OOC Rolls:
Stealth check for Trick attack:
[roll0]
Dagger Atk Roll: [roll1]
- Dagger Dmg: [roll2] (Slashing)
- Trick Attack Dmg (if successful): [roll3]
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Soumral, for the sake of expediency, opts to stab the harrowblade again with her dagger rather than take the time to sheath it and draw his sword.
The dragon seems to have forgotten Soumral for the moment as it focuses on Yin Hun. Her stab fails to slip between its scales this time, however. It deflects off of the harrowblade's hard scales.

The second harrowblade appears out of the foliage and picks the largest target to attack. It rushes towards Thrak with ferocity and tries to slash the goliath with its right wingblade. Thrak reacts a moment before the strike connects with his shoulder causing it to go numb afterwards.

"This is not good!" Belgeon shouts. He takes aim at the second harrowblade and fires two arrows. The first arrow glances off the dragon's scales while the second finds a hole between three scales. The dragon barely notices the wound on its forelimb.


OOC: Thrak gets an AoO against the second harrowblade as a reaction. | Harrowblade #2's Wingblade Attack > 1d20+29=45 (hit); Damage > 3d4+16=23

Belgeon's Full Attack > 1d20+14=24 (miss); 1d20+14=28 (hit) | Damage > 1d6+12=14

If Thrak hits with his AoO, he keeps the two harrowblades from flanking him. If not, he'll be flanked in the third round.
 

Shayuri

First Post
As the second harrowblade emerges and charges, several things happen to it...nearly all of them bad. For one, it gives Thrak an opening...and he's never more focused than when the odds are against him. The giant warrior spins with unexpected speed for someone of his size and bulk, and rams that enormous enchanted sword DEEP into the harrowblade's side, wringing a roar of agony from it. The massive reptile thrashes around to slash at him with its bladed wing...and though it connects, it is seared in the process by electrical feedback that surges from his armor into the offending limb!

Thrak takes another wound, but his grin is just visible under the eye-protector of his helmet. He's enjoying this!

His eye gleam blue again as he summons strange powers, and that color is swept up into his sword as well. It's shining the same color as the sky at noon as he sweeps it around and slashes a broad swath through the second harrowblade...and even as the blade carves a bloody swath through its scales, the cerulean light leeches out around the creature, forming a kind of psionic barrier that threatens to hold its legs still and keep it from moving any further!

(Total damage from AoO: 74, plus 9 from the electrical discharge; then 36 from Thrak's attack on his turn)

Thrak's AoO: [roll0] atk, for [roll1]
Electrical damage: [roll2]

Anchoring Arcana Attack: [roll3] atk for [roll4] damage, plus Will save DC 23 or be immobilized.

KAC: 31
Stamina: 121 -43
HP: 90
 
Last edited:


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
As the second harrowblade emerges and charges, several things happen to it...nearly all of them bad. For one, it gives Thrak an opening...and he's never more focused than when the odds are against him. The giant warrior spins with unexpected speed for someone of his size and bulk, and rams that enormous enchanted sword DEEP into the harrowblade's side, wringing a roar of agony from it. The massive reptile thrashes around to slash at him with its bladed wing...and though it connects, it is seared in the process by electrical feedback that surges from his armor into the offending limb!

Thrak takes another wound, but his grin is just visible under the eye-protector of his helmet. He's enjoying this!

His eye gleam blue again as he summons strange powers, and that color is swept up into his sword as well. It's shining the same color as the sky at noon as he sweeps it around and slashes a broad swath through the second harrowblade...and even as the blade carves a bloody swath through its scales, the cerulean light leeches out around the creature, forming a kind of psionic barrier that threatens to hold its legs still and keep it from moving any further!
Thrak's quick counter to the dragon's rush at him slices into scales, flesh, and bone. The dragon roars in extreme pain. It wing attack is more about trying to separate itself from the goliath. The electric shock it gets makes it give out a 'bark-like' yelp.

Thrak's next attack cuts deep into its back as it tries to back away. It snaps at the air above the big warrior and then lets out a pained hissing sound.

The other harrowblade keeps its eyes focused on Yin Hun (with Belgeon right next ot him) and it opens its mouth and breathes a lines of acid towards the two of them.

"Oh damn! Look out!" Belgeon yells. He throws himself out of the way at the last second. The line of acid barely misses the Flaming Fist. Yin Hun only has seconds to react.


OOC: Harrowblade's Will Save > 1d20+11=29 (saved) | Wouldn't Anchoring Arcana be a paralyzing effect too? There isn't an Immobilized condition that I can see in the SF rules. Or is it that the harrowblade wouldn't be able to take a move action, but it could still make one attack (but not a full attack)? Regardless, the harrowblade made it's save. :)

Belgeon's Reflex save: 1d20+13=20 (success; no damage due to evasion)

[MENTION=10894]KainG[/MENTION], roll a Reflex saving throw (DC 17 half) for Yin Hun. Damage is 10d6+10=49 acid. The damage is 24 on a successful save unless he has evasion or some other ability that negates the damage. You might as well roll your attack for this round too.

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], you're up again for Silhouette. I won't be posting again until tomorrow sometime in the afternoon or evening, however. It's time to sleep soon.
 

Shayuri

First Post
(Immobilization isn't paralysis...it just reduces speed to 0, it doesn't prohibit actions or give any special penalties when being attacked)
 

KainG

Explorer
The other harrowblade keeps its eyes focused on Yin Hun (with Belgeon right next ot him) and it opens its mouth and breathes a lines of acid towards the two of them.

"Oh damn! Look out!" Belgeon yells. He throws himself out of the way at the last second. The line of acid barely misses the Flaming Fist. Yin Hun only has seconds to react.

OOC: Yin Hun Reflex Save: [1d20+7] = 2+7 = 9

Yin Hun reacts too late. He takes the full brunt of the line of acid, impacting onto his chest and spraying all over his limbs. "Nrraargh!" the soldier let out through gritted teeth as he falls back. The burn is indescribable. He falls onto the dirt ground, trying to smother the acid. Getting the pain under control, panting, Yin Hun ignore the exposed flesh and bone. Only one thing was on his mind. Kill the threat.

He tossed the bow to the side, and swung his rifle up, aiming straight at the harrowblade that spat at him. With numerous obscenities in his mind, Yin Hun squeezed the trigger.

OOC:
Using Soldier's Onslaught to make 3 attacks at -6 penalty to attack roll:
Attack 1: [1d20+12] = 17+12 = 29; dmg: [4d8+18] = 16+18 = 34
Attack 2: [1d20+12] = 15+12 = 27; dmg: [4d8+18] = 19+18 = 37
Attack 3: [1d20+12] = 13+12 = 25; dmg: [4d8+18] = 17+18 = 35
On the off chance that the harrowblade dies in the first 2 attacks, the remaining attacks target the other harrowblade.
Remaining ammo in rifle: 6 longarm rounds
 

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette grimaces at the slip...they'd looked vaguely draconic, but it was hard to tell sometimes. And now a perfectly good monologue was wasted. What a night.

She lifted a hand, collecting swirling violet motes of light that appeared into a small sphere that hovered over her palm.

With a casual flick of her wrist, she sent the spell sizzling at the newcomer harrowblade; the one Thrak had so ably cut into. If he'd weakened it enough, perhaps she could finish it off!

(Mind Thrust at 4th level. Will save DC 25 for half damage, otherwise take [roll0] psychic damage and gain fatigued condition for 1 round)
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Silhouette grimaces at the slip...they'd looked vaguely draconic, but it was hard to tell sometimes. And now a perfectly good monologue was wasted. What a night.

She lifted a hand, collecting swirling violet motes of light that appeared into a small sphere that hovered over her palm.

With a casual flick of her wrist, she sent the spell sizzling at the newcomer harrowblade; the one Thrak had so ably cut into. If he'd weakened it enough, perhaps she could finish it off!
The spell dig's into the harrowblade's mind but it manages to sluff off the worst parts of the Silhouette's mental barrage -- but just barely. The harrowblade shakes its head in agony and claws at the ground, but it doesn't fall.

OOC: 2nd Harrowblade's Will save > 1d20+11=25

Yin Hun reacts too late. He takes the full brunt of the line of acid, impacting onto his chest and spraying all over his limbs. "Nrraargh!" the soldier let out through gritted teeth as he falls back. The burn is indescribable. He falls onto the dirt ground, trying to smother the acid. Getting the pain under control, panting, Yin Hun ignore the exposed flesh and bone. Only one thing was on his mind. Kill the threat.

He tossed the bow to the side, and swung his rifle up, aiming straight at the harrowblade that spat at him. With numerous obscenities in his mind, Yin Hun squeezed the trigger.
The first two shots find their mark. The first shot penetrates into its chest while the second shot hits its left shoulder. The third shot nearly penetrates its head, the harrowblade's hard armored horn deflects the shot at the last second. It roars at Yin Hun in defiance.
 

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Soumral continues her stabbing onslaught on the harrowblade that she's embroiled in melee with doing her best to avoid any attacks that come her way.

OOC Rolls:
Stealth check for Trick attack: [roll0]
Dagger Atk Roll: [roll1]
- Dagger Dmg: [roll2] (Slashing)
- Trick Attack Dmg (if successful): [roll3]

Current Statistics:
- SP: 112 - 25 = 87
- HP: 88
- EAC: 33 / KAC: 34
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Soumral continues her stabbing onslaught on the harrowblade that she's embroiled in melee with doing her best to avoid any attacks that come her way.
Soumral manages to remain in the dragon's blindspot and her dagger finds another opening between several scales. The blade sinks in to the hilt and the dragon groans in agony.

"Gods!" Soumral hears a femine voice exclaim. She pulls out her blade and looks back to see the Flaming Fist named Loranys rushing into the fight with her longsword drawn. She rushes past both Yin Hun and Belgeon towards the harrowblades. She moves in, recklessly, and the harrowblade that Soumral stabbed snaps its wing around at the woman and connects just before the Fist slashes at it.

While her blade cuts deep against the first dragon, the other harrowblade comes back at her with all its attacks. It quickly decimates the young Flaming Fist with its wingblades and then follows up with a deep bite. She doesn't cry out but the wounds cause her to stagger in pain and she nearly loses her grip on her sword.

Belgeon fires his arrows against the same harrowblade -- hoping to put it down. But his shots fail to connect.

OOC: Harrowblade #1's Perception check > 1d20+19=39 (failure), AoO > 1d20+23=31+6=37 (hit), Damage > 3d4+16=25

Loranys' Attack > 1d20+30=36 (hit), Damage > 4d8+18=43

Harrowblade #2's Multiattack vs. Loranys > 1d20+23=37 (hit), 1d20+23=41 (hit), Augmented crit. confirm* > 1d20+23=42 (success), 1d20+20=32 (hit); Wingblade damage > 3d4+16=26, Wingblade critical damage* > 9d4+48=68, Bite damage > 3d4+16=24
* The harrowblade's wingblades do triple damage on a critical. I missed this when it got a crit vs. Thrak. It also has a chance to crit on a roll of 18 or 19.

Belgeon's Full Attack > 1d20+14=21 (miss), 1d20+14=15 (miss)
 
Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thrak twists around, leaving the harrowblade something to remember him by as it moves to attack new prey...

(AoO: [roll0] to hit, for [roll1] damage.)

As much as he'd like to finish the job on it, he's not eager to give the first one a clear shot at his back either. It wasn't just any monster that could give him a beating like it had after all! He focuses his wrath on that one first then, hoping to bring it down!

(Full attack on Harrowblade 1, taking -4 for 2 attacks:
[roll2] to hit, for [roll3] damage.
[roll4] to hit, for [roll5] damage.)
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Thrak twists around, leaving the harrowblade something to remember him by as it moves to attack new prey...
The harrowblade manages to shrug off the quick attack from Thrak. The goliath's massive blade only finds armored scales, which causes sparks but no injuries.

Shayuri said:
As much as he'd like to finish the job on it, he's not eager to give the first one a clear shot at his back either. It wasn't just any monster that could give him a beating like it had after all! He focuses his wrath on that one first then, hoping to bring it down!
His first attack catches the beast's neck flush. It cuts right through it sending blood and spittle everywhere. The spray drenches Loranys, which causes her to retch.

Thrak slams his next attack against the second harrowblade and cuts deep into its back. While the beast doesn't fall, it is near the end of its strength.

OOC: Can you cleave on a full attack? The feat says you have to make a single attack in order to cleave. ( Hmm? :erm: ) If not, it is Silhouette's turn.
 

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Can't cleave, but he can take his second attack on a different target. Cleave would be a standard attack action, not a full attack action.)
 


Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette lifts her dagger so it rests on the palm of her hand. It rises into the air and seems to suddenly split into a dozen versions of itself, each one glimmering darkly as it orbits her. Collectively the daggers formed a kind of swarm pattern, dizzyingly complex.

She then sends the daggers zooming through the air at the remaining harrowblade! In the end of course, only one of the daggers is real...the others exist only to attempt to make it harder to dodge or deflect that one, fatally precise throw.

(Bluff to use Improved Feint: [roll0]. If successful, Harrowblade remains flatfooted.
Attacking with dagger: [roll1] atk, for [roll2] damage, plus [roll3] if it's flatfooted from Wraith Strike.)

The dagger then returns to Silhouette's hand.
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top