Valiant Comics and Turok

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I was a fan of Valiant Comics. They had a definite storyline for the universe their books were set in, and stuck to it. Plus, they had a lot of quirky titles and characters, many of them resurrected from the 1960s. Along the way, I stopped reading comics in general, and then Valiant disappeared. If anybody out there is an afficianado of Valiant, here are some questions I have:

* Did Shadowman actually die on the date he was supposed to die? There was a concrete day, date, and year predeteremined for his death.

* What happened to Bloodshot? What happened to Archer and Armstrong? Or X-O? For that matter, what happened to all the Valiant characters? I know there was a brief revival of the Valiant universe, but I couldn't figure out what was going on, and my local shop didn't get all the issues!

Most importantly, to me, is what happened to Turok? Somewhere along the way the original Turok disappeared and Andy, the grandson of Turok's original sidekick Andar, became the "new Turok." I know they did this to get more readers (and video game players), but what happened to the original Turok in the story? Turok was the first comic I remember reading - a Gold Key Digest reprint of Turok stories from the 50s and 60s - and it would suck to find out they simply killed the guy off.

Thanks for your help.

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
I'm afraid I can't answer your questions. I loved Valiant, and read all of their books. However, once that dumb crossover things happened (was it Alpha and Omega or something?) and once they cancelled Archer and Armstrong, I lost interest.

Now I've got all these books sitting around. :rolleyes:

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Scribe Ineti said:
Now I've got all these books sitting around. :rolleyes:

Well if you have all these books sitting around you do not want... You should probably try selling them online somwhere. That way someone who is interested can get their hands on them...

Remove ads