D&D 5E Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft Art Preview

SageAdvice.eu has compiled a bunch of art shots from the upcoming Ravenloft setting book. I've featured a handful below, but click through to the link for the full set of nearly 30 pieces. https://www.sageadvice.eu/2021/04/27/sneaky-peek-at-the-terrific-art-of-van-richtens-guide-to-ravenloft/art-van-richtens-guide-to-ravenloft26/

SageAdvice.eu has compiled a bunch of art shots from the upcoming Ravenloft setting book. I've featured a handful below, but click through to the link for the full set of nearly 30 pieces.

ART-Van-Richtens-Guide-to-Ravenloft0.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
ART-Van-Richtens-Guide-to-Ravenloft6.jpeg

Look at this! Look at the composition, the color values! The way saturated and desaturated colors play against each other to make the fire look brighter and more dangerous even though it takes up less canvas retail than any other component.

LOOK AT THE MAGIC. Look at how ethereal and delicate it looks. So light you could blow hard across her fingertips and disrupt the spell.

Look at the attention paid to these beautiful natural curls! The springiness and soft cloud combo that is their hair.

Loving this art dump!

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
ART-Van-Richtens-Guide-to-Ravenloft6.jpeg

Look at this! Look at the composition, the color values! The way saturated and desaturated colors play against each other to make the fire look brighter and more dangerous even though it takes up less canvas retail than any other component.

LOOK AT THE MAGIC. Look at how ethereal and delicate it looks. So light you could blow hard across her fingertips and disrupt the spell.

Look at the attention paid to these beautiful natural curls! The springiness and soft cloud combo that is their hair.

Loving this art dump!
Agreed. I like how the fire is made to look out of focus but still sticks out quite well.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Coooolnessss.
I'm not a fan of Strahd wearing bright colors, as they like to paint him recently. It makes him look like a Vistani. Strahd favored conservative tailored layers of black over red. In fact, I'm not a fan of how they have been visually portraying Strahd at all, with the long hair and such; Stephen Fabian's brooding portraiture will always be how I picture the Lord of Barovia.
I’m not sure that’s Strahd. He’s fighting a zombie, and remember they’ve made Falkovnia into zombie apocalypse world. I think it might be Vlad Drakov.

Stormonu

Legend
Not fond of the Strahd vs. Azalin pic, but one out of thirty is a pretty good ratio.

I’m really intrigued by the “hopping vampire” - would that be from Rokushima Taiyoo?

Remove ads

Remove ads