• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

veinglory's free rpg character art

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i'll have to pick out some characters that fit your style and get back to you as soon as i can. :)

alsih2o

First Post
what the heck is your medium? it looks kinda like gesso and charcoal, kinda like computer stuff, kinda like tempera b+w.

i really like the tone and range, and MUST know what you are using :)

veinglory

First Post
Normally I use white acrylic and mechanical 2B pencil. On Galethorn I replaced acrylic with oil as it gives a nice contrast -- but it doesn't give detail and takes yonks to dry. Galethorn was a real tricky one for some reason and I ended up doing an obvious cheat on the foot...

when epliogue comes back you can see my more successful pieces at http://billplee.epilogue.net

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
well, i love it.

as a suggestion, have you ever tried alkyds?

the flexibilty of iols and the immediacy of acrylics. they blend like oils, but dry in a day instead of weeks. and they are cheaper and do not (theoretically) age as badly as oil paint.

i am loving your style VG.

veinglory

First Post
here is an audition piece I did...

characters property of Dilly Green Bean Games

Attachments

• guardians.jpg
    guardians.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 264

veinglory

First Post
alkyds -- hmmm, I will have to ask at the art store. It's a pretty useless store though -- maybe I can find them online. I am limited to what I can use sitting on the one chair in my rented room (woe is me etc). Hence all the black and white -- it's easier!

veinglory

First Post
Darrag - finished, kinda

I haven't quite captured the look I wanted and may revisit this later -- but I will called it finished now.

sadly I am unwanted? sigh

Attachments

• darrag1.jpg
    darrag1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 251

veinglory

First Post

Personally I'd draw in the boring fantasy mold if I could -- I might get more work that way... (double sigh)

but enough maudlin crap from me...

Ferret

Explorer
Can you draw a creature for me?

The Undervile. Stands about the height of a troll (9-10 foot), purple skin(unless you want to do it black and white), a dogs snouted head (pointy not flat) but halfway to the end it has three tusk/teeth equidistant from each other in a triangle shape. Beady eyes. It has no fore arms but tenacles, and it's feet from talon to talon is about a metre long, the talons are huge. A tuft of sparse hair sits on it's head. If you need any more description just ask, I hate it when I request something and because I don't describe it properly it goes wrong...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads