• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Veronica Mars - 11/23/04

Rotogar

First Post
Wanna hear my crackpot theory that I hope isn't true but I think it might be? :cool:

Kieth Mars killed Lily Kane. :eek:

After the revelation at the end of last nights episode (which was correctly called here by some great posters [see last episode's thread]), I got to thinking about some tidbits from previous episodes and concocted this theory.

John Crichton

First Post
Hmmm, everyone's a suspect right now but I don't think he did it. Doesn't seem to be the direction of the show and would ruin one of the two good vibe's we have (father/daughter). Could you explain how you came to that conclusion?

FCWesel

First Post
Okay.

I watched this show for the very first time last night. It wasn't too bad, though obviously I have a BIG ol' "what the heck" is going on with the meta plot thing as I tuned in.

I REALLY LIKE the actor who plays the dad. He has a very cool edge to him, and yet looks like the typical door-to-door salesman...neat juxtiposition.

Rotogar

First Post
John Crichton said:
Hmmm, everyone's a suspect right now but I don't think he did it. Doesn't seem to be the direction of the show and would ruin one of the two good vibe's we have (father/daughter). Could you explain how you came to that conclusion?

Sure. I personally hope it isn't true. And it is definitely based upon sketchy data. In fact, the more I think on it, the more I just came to the conclusion that Keith needs to be considered as a suspect as well. Not that he is the primary suspect.

First, looking back, I can see a couple of points that hint that Keith is aware of Veronica's patronage. Specifically, the episode with the pregnant girl and her boyfriend. Keith made several comments about how stand up it is to raise another man's child. Could be personal comments. Could be irony. But it's something to think about.

Second, if Keith had recently (at the time of the Lily murder) become aware, it would provide some motive. To hurt Jake. In addition, it provides motive for attempting to pin it on Jake. What better revenge than to take his daughter (similar to how he has 'taken' yours) and stick it on him. And, as Sheriff, he's in the place to do both effectively.

Third, we saw in the last episode that he does have that 'edge'. He can be dangerous when he chooses to be.

Anyway, like I said, I hope it isn't true and I don't think it is. Just a new wrinkle I thought of.

Off to eat turkey! Happy Thanksgiving and may your family life be better than the Kane's!

swrushing

First Post
I could see it happening...

lily's secret is knowledge of the parentage.
mars finds out and goes to try and convince her to keep quiet, not intending violence.
he does his crazy act, accident happens.

That i could buy.

BUT...

so far he has seemed to show a good moral decent nature.

it does not after that make sense for him to try and frame someone else for the crime, when he is in a position to basically more carefully make the investigation head nowehere and fail to convict someone.

RichCsigs

First Post
Which he did. But then he lost his job and needed to cover his butt. He realizes he's going to loose his job as sheriff, so before he gets fired he goes back to the Kane house under some pretense of investigation and grabs the sneakers then plants them at Koontz's house. That's why he took the Lilly Kane murder file. He wasn't still investigating, he was just keeping the important info from the police.
It's an interesting theory and something I'll keep my eye on. I'm not sold yet(it would be a nice twist though).

Rotogar

First Post
The more I ponder... :] the more fun it gets.

I am starting to look at everyone as a suspect! :uhoh:

But I also realized that any solution has to explain why Koontz is taking his framing lying down. What would the killer being offering him that is worth more than his life. Until Veronica figures that little tidbit out, we are just looking at suspects.

I mean, we are being pointed at Jake, but a few episodes we learned something odd was going on with Lily, Logan and Weevil. So there is a whole lot of suspects.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads