• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Veronica Mars - 11/23/04

Rotogar

First Post
Boy, the other night sure implicated Mrs. Kane in something. Not sure what. I am beginning to wonder is Veronica wasn't the intended target and Lily happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Did Mrs. Kane intend to kill Veronica to punish both her husband and Mrs. Mars and was then forced to cover it up when she accidentally killed her own daughter? Yet another crack-pot theory to put in the case file.

Lon

PS I have got to learn the mother's names better! :]

Dr_Draco

First Post
I dunno, but I have to agree. There's definitely something up with Mrs. Kane. The way Jake reacted to Veronica's accusations definitely means both the Kanes know something.

Now, I don't think Keith did it. Same with the Kanes (at least personally). Thing is, I think the Kane's either know who did it and have some reason to protect that person or they hired someone to kill her for some strange reason.

Remember the episode where they held the rememberance ceremony for Lily? The Kanes, especially Mrs. Kane, did everything they could to erase who Lily really was and only show her "good/angelic" side. I have a feeling Mrs. Kane was extremely unhappy with her daughter's behavior...

Now that I mention that, maybe Lily's death was an accident. Maybe Lily's mom killed her in a fit of rage, and realizing what she did, needed to cover it up. So she gets Jake to find someone willing to take the fall (insert crackpot Koontz), and because of this Keith someone believes Jake killed her.

Far-fetched? Maybe, but it's just as good as any other theory ;).

John Crichton

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
Eh, that would need too much time to set up.
Huh? They've got 12 eps left this season to do whatever they need to. Additionally, they don't even have to reveal the killer in season one. They may not have all the time in the world but there is plenty of time to set up just about anything.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
John Crichton said:
Huh? They've got 12 eps left this season to do whatever they need to. Additionally, they don't even have to reveal the killer in season one. They may not have all the time in the world but there is plenty of time to set up just about anything.
Thats not what I ment. I ment setting up a fallguy for Ms Kane would have taken too much time. I think. I mean we're adding a whole extra step to the scenario...

Though we're missing a lot of information. Lets not forget the traffic ticket Lily got....after she was supposed to be dead.

Rotogar

First Post
Dr_Draco said:
Now that I mention that, maybe Lily's death was an accident. Maybe Lily's mom killed her in a fit of rage, and realizing what she did, needed to cover it up. So she gets Jake to find someone willing to take the fall (insert crackpot Koontz), and because of this Keith someone believes Jake killed her.

Far-fetched? Maybe, but it's just as good as any other theory ;).

I agree that Keith as the killer does not look good, nor does it feel good. It was just a fun theory to toss out and chew over.

But I have had a real problem with Mrs. Kane for some time. And I've had a hard time pegging Jake as the killer, despite what Keith originally thought. Jake has shown nothing but a desire to be a good parent to Duncan in the whole time we have seen him. Mrs. Kane was the one pressuring Duncan to take his pills. Mrs. Kane was the one who disapproved of Veronica from the very beginning. I think we can see that she has been using the resources of her husband's company behind his back. I wouldn't be surprised to find Jake is an innocent (of the murder and it's cover-up, infedelity is another story) victim in all this.

John Crichton

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
Thats not what I ment. I ment setting up a fallguy for Ms Kane would have taken too much time. I think. I mean we're adding a whole extra step to the scenario...
Oh! :)

Heheh. Sorry about 'dat. Carry on, then. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads