• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Verys Arkon's Character Booklet (v2) New 1 page version beta.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Version 2 is ready. I've made quit a few changes and shifted things around a bit.

• Added HP, Initiative, Action Points, Second Wind, Death Saves to page 1. Shrunk the Ability Scores/Skills section
  • Magic items and equipment moved to page 2/3
  • Infrequently used information got moved to pages 6/7. Background on page 6, and a collection of workspaces on page 7.
  • Moved Race/Class/Feats/AP Uses to page 8 - the back cover.
You should be able to play most of the game with just the front cover if you use cards. Otherwise you could open the booklet at the seem and lay it down so page 8/1 are upright. Flip over the whole booklet for powers.

As soon as the layout settles down, I'll add form-fill functions for the pdf.

Comments welcome!

Attachments

• Verys Arkon's Character Booklet V2.pdf
    473.5 KB · Views: 1,290

Very nice! I am more excited with this than I am with the new MacBooks LOL.

I hope others chime in to help with this. I played 2 sessions over 10 hours this weekend and I though it was a great aid!

Old Gumphrey

First Post
This looks really solid. We generally play with power cards, as writing everything out can be a big pain...but storing and upkeeping power cards is generally an even bigger pain. Unfortunately, there's not enough space on your power sheet to list all the fine details that will prevent mid-session lookups ("so do I get +2 until the end of your turn, or until my next attack?", etc., etc., et al), especially on those extra wordy powers that you get as a wizard or warlord (no effing way you're fitting Bigby's Icy Grasp on this sheet...)

More and more 4e is seeming like an "open book" RPG unless you want to spend a lot of time and money on play aids. You figure cardstock paper, printer ink, and card sleeves...I've spent probably $25 on power cards. It's absolutely ridiculous. When the WotC power cards start to look like a good deal...bleh. It's like they planned it all along. You start saying "is $10/class really that much?" But yeah...it is. You're talking about $160 to have a copy of each class from PHB1 and PHB2. Does anyone remember getting into this hobby because it was cheap?

Yeesh, sorry for the rant. Really, you did some great work here. Character booklets are great. =D

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Very, very cool. Small on the table, fits a lot of stuff and plays well with power cards, I think.

The first page contains almost everything coming up (basic attacks, skills, hit points, defences), so I still have room for power cards and the other pages are great for tracking other stuff!

Like it a lot! (despite not being DIN A4-sized :p )

Cheers, LT.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Very, very cool. Small on the table, fits a lot of stuff and plays well with power cards, I think.

The first page contains almost everything coming up (basic attacks, skills, hit points, defences), so I still have room for power cards and the other pages are great for tracking other stuff!

Like it a lot! (despite not being DIN A4-sized :p )

Cheers, LT.

For my Commonwealth brothers and sisters, here is an A4 sized version. (If you live as close to the giant to the south as we do in Canada, you tend to do what he says.)

Test it out for me and let me know if I've got the sizes right.
Cheers,
Verys

Attachments

• Verys Arkon's Character Booklet V2 (A4).pdf
    494.9 KB · Views: 461

Cam Banks

Adventurer
I am a huge fan of the layout choices you make with this sheet. When can we see a form-fillable version? I'd be all over this if I could plug in the numbers in the workspace area and have it calculate.

Cheers,
Cam

Remove ads