Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

G

Guest 7034872

So today was not so bad. Real estate is i-n-s-a-n-e right now, but my head does appear to be above water. Therefore, tonight I celebrate:

8344__67183.1612410912.jpg

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Hi-Wire Brewing's Chocolate WOW! Belgian style imperial amber ale brewed with cacao nibs and vanilla. 3.5/5 on Untappd (9% ABV, 25 IBU).

So, I think it's a really good ale. (But of course ales aren't high on my list usually). I wish I had picked up a World Court Mocha Blond Stout from Legal Remedy to compare it to (different style and main ingredients, but the coloring with things I associate with a dark colored stout tie them together). I wish they had put the flavors in a porter or stout -- which would be one of their 10W-40s without coffee I guess.
1657316160586.jpeg1657316188064.jpeg

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Every year I bring some beers to share with a cousin in Northern Wisconsin on our annual end of July trip. Picked up the stuff I'm bringing this year today...

Maisel's Weisse Original - My favorite weissbier

Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Grapefruit - I'm not a huge grapefruit fan, but if it's really chilled there's something about it I really like. Low 2.5% ABV. They had two other flavors (Passionfruit and Pomegranate) at the store , but didn't have single cans of them so I haven't tried them yet. Checking, it looks like there is a pineapple one, I need to find one!

Old Hickory's Photon Sphere - Bourbon barrel aged imperial stout with cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa and habanero (11.91% ABV). I wish they had them in half sized bottles. Wow that's good.

Usually there are more local ones in the batch, but this is what I was feeling. If I had to pick a 4th it would probably be a flavored stout/porter or if I gave up choosing a Warsteiner Dunkel.

Last edited:

G

Guest 7034872

In isolation due to wife having Covid. One IPA left grocery delivery today. Getting another 6 pack of Emersons but different 6 flavours. They make a nice porter.
How's she doing? Recovering tolerably, I hope?

G

Guest 7034872

Early days. Similar to a cold perhaps so reasonably alright still sick though croaky voice. Tired keeps dozing off.
Mm. That seems the most common symptom: exhaustion.
Gonna take a RAT test tomorrow and then another 4 days after that.
Yeah, it'd be foolhardy not to.

Sorry the beers didn't arrive. Especially when you're stuck in the house like that, a few simple pleasures can make a big difference.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads