• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vote for your favorite original D&D monster!

What's your favorite original D&D monster?

• Beholder

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • Mind Flayer

Votes: 48 29.8%
  • Gelatinous Cube

Votes: 20 12.4%
  • Green Slime

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Carrion Crawler

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Roper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Owlbear

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Purple Worm

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Umber Hulk

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Piercer

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Stirge

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Displacer Beast

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Rust Monster

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Rot Grub

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Bulette

Votes: 5 3.1%

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Brother Shatterstone said:
I went with the Gelatinous Cube as theirs nothing like having your life threatened by Jello. :cool:
I found that realistic. In the High School I went to your life was threatened by the Jello they served - it actually crunched, and there wasn't any fruit in it.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Silver Moon said:
I found that realistic. In the High School I went to your life was threatened by the Jello they served - it actually crunched, and there wasn't any fruit in it.
*LOL* Not as bad as the hospital Jello but bad enough.

This tread is crazy most of the posts are for the "Gelatinous Cube" but it's stuck in third place...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Also had to go with the gelatinous cube. For some strange reason I just adore oozes, and the cube is the granddaddy (so to speak) of all D&D jelly-like things. :D

I had to vote for the Roper.

Back in 6th grade (1984) I made a paper-mache Roper in art class, based on the Roper on the cover of the 1st edition monster manual. Everybody else made cars, horses, turtles, etc., and there I was making this thing that looked like a turd with long green arms! :D

The instructor didn't know quite what to make of it, so she game me a B+ for the effort. I still had that thing up until a few years ago, when he got squished while I was packing to move. May he rest in peace.

Remove ads