Voting Booth Hell :)

Eosin the Red

First Post
This is a repository to collect the problems of ENNIE voting booth irregularities, so that the process/procedure may be looked at - I ain't a mod and I ain't Morrus but I expect the odds of getting indivdual renumeration of a bad voting booth experience is something close to George Lucas calling me and stating that he needs me to re-write episodes I & II and pick the director of my choice to put them in the can.

Rather than gripe at the powers that be for something they have little power to affect - just detail what went wrong.

1. Around the fifth category - the booth suddenly decided that I had previously voted and kicked me off. Bummer for me. :(

diaglo

Adventurer
the load time for the next page was very slow for me. but i didn't hit reload or my back buttons due to the warnings on the vote page. eventually i got thru the whole process. i guess it took me on the best connection possible (i'm with the US gov't) a little over 5 minutes.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Huh. I had no problems at all. I probably spent 3 minutes, and that was because I was thinking carefully about my ratings. But I think I voted just a few minutes after the booth opened, so maybe there wasn't much traffic yet.

I think a 1-10 scale is far too wide to be meaningful, but that's not really a technological program. I mean, really, what's the difference between an 8 and a 9? If I were in charge I'd go to a 1-5 scale, or better yet, a word-based scale (terrible - poor - average - good - outstanding).

Conaill

First Post
Not quite as serious as a voting booth irregularity, but rather a graphics problem...

<Ok, problem fixed.>

Last edited:

Adlon

Mortality.net
My experience went flawlessly. No problems, on my 56K dialup to boot.

However, my Mortality Radio co-host was barred from voting, being told he had already voted. He uses AOL dial up.

Remove ads