D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Leon Turn:

1. Leon strikes the prone Vecna with his sword, using Improved Divine Smite, rolling 1,15+9 = 24, hitting Vecna for 8 radiant damage.
2. Leon strikes again, rolling 8,16+9 = 25, hitting for only 3 radiant damage.

1655669632465.png

It is now Malek's turn (round 5).

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
It's going to be funny if this combat winds up running long because nobody thought to pack any oil or acid.
I think it will. Checking character sheets it looks like Leon has two flasks of (normal) oil, and the others have 10 torches each...

Since I made Egar as a stat block, I didn't bother with equipment, just assuming he had "normal" gear. 🤷‍♂️

MarkB

Legend
I think it will. Checking character sheets it looks like Leon has two flasks of (normal) oil, and the others have 10 torches each...

Since I made Egar as a stat block, I didn't bother with equipment, just assuming he had "normal" gear. 🤷‍♂️
Might want to spend a few rounds just running average aggregate damage, until Vecna either dies or succeeds on his double grapple-escape check or dies - unless anyone's got any novel ideas.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Might want to spend a few rounds just running average aggregate damage, until Vecna either dies or succeeds on his double grapple-escape check or dies - unless anyone's got any novel ideas.
I ran the numbers. His chance of escaping a double-grapple is about 1% if you roll once vs. both grapples and half that if he has to roll separately against both.

Even if he manages to escape, Leon has Sentinel---so when he tries to leave the field Leon has a good chance to stop him by reducing speed to 0.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Malek tossed his rapier aside, "Useless piece of ..." and pulled a torch from his pack.

"Hey, at least we're not dyin' yet." he said to the others as the battle slowed to a crawl - literally - as Vecna tried to drag himself away on his long bony fingers.

(I missed if anyone has a torch lit, if so he'll light it off the other torch, otherwise he gets a flint & steel out of a pocket.)

Edit: It's the top of round 5, BTW.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Those Fighters where pretty optimized to beat Vecna.

I agree. They may not have been optimized in a normal sense, but they are pretty perfect for this fight. Of course, I also agree that it does point to some flaws in the design. As does what's happening with us. I mean, I feel like he should have rocked on us and died by now, neither of which is even close.

Remove ads