W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Wik

First Post
"Derris? The damned human? He's been stealing from us. Taking our money, and giving us whatever he was able to lift off the docks. Now, let me ask you a question: why are you interested in Derris?"

Wik

First Post
The goblin chuckles. "Your accent is terrible. You speak worse than my brother, gnome, and he was hit over the head. Multiple times.

Brow-beating and intimidation won't work, pinkskins. When I was a whelp, I saw my eldest brother get ripped apart by an ogre. He screamed, begged, and pleaded. Sold out the whole tribe. I won't talk like that. You want a 'friendly exchange of information', let's have it. You want to try covering me in ants, you can do that too, but something tells me you don't have the time.

I told you about the thief. You tell me why you want to know, and I'll tell you about the pearl."

The goblin, upon closer inspection, seems like he's been through some rough patches in his life. Numerous scars can be found on his arms and neck, and his large goblin ears have been nicked several times by a blade of some sort - a huge chunk is missing from his left ear. He also lacks several teeth.

OOC: Listen checks, folks.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Wow. You guys suck.

While standing at the alley lip, Auric hears some people approaching. Leaning out to look, he sees the worst possible thing: a small patrol of the local militia!

The four armed guards chat amiably, all of them rather young in appearance. They wear leather armour and carry truncheons on their belts. None of them seem to be paying much attention to their surroundings, and aren't in any particular hurry. The fifth doesn't wear any armour, and carries a staff - one of the wizards of the town guard, no doubt. He seems to be in his forties, and nods in agreement to their conversation (still not able to be picked up) - but doesn't seem to say anything himself.

They're currently maybe one hundred and fifty feet away, and are heading in your direction. They should pass by in less than two minutes.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: is aurik the only one who sees and hears them, or did Pendrake see them since he took up a post at the ally entryway?

Corwyn

First Post
Aiken is to intently focused on the goblin to hear anything else.
"Derris was looking for some children, we are looking for some children. Do you know anything about the children?"

Wik

First Post
Scott: No, Pendrake would've seen 'em too, I suppose. In any case, Auric would mention it. .

Sorry, forgot you were keeping an eye open for things. Ah, well. You would get a +4 bonus, which is enough to alert Pendrake to their approach in any case.

Remove ads