• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Wik

First Post
The woman, still wheezing, pants "Yes! Yes! ....I saw him only.... a few moments ago....cutting down....Carp avenue....And then....someone started talking to him... he looked scared the whole time, ma'am, that he sure did....The second I saw him....I knew.... to come get you!"

She pauses for a moment, still unable to catch her breath. "...by the way.... those earrings.... look great... on you."

Solange

First Post
"Thank ya ma'am," Solange says.

She speeds back to her companions.

Once she finds them "Gotta few leads. Seems young Tomas is a little trouble maker when he's away, 'n runs a little gang a pick pockets. Got a lead of a kid who likes like 'em named Hukk. Might be 'em, might be someone who works with 'em. Was runnin' down Carp ave a moment ago."

Corwyn

First Post
"Dear damsel, could I beg of thee to bestow upon me the blessings of Zephos, in the form of some medical attention?" Aiken asks Solange.

Solange

First Post
Solange smiles, "Of course."

Solange turns detect magic and light into cure minor wounds and heals Aiken for 2 points of damage.

"I've got one more, but I'm gonna save that just in case."

Solange will then cast Longstrider on herself.

Wik

First Post
You quickly make your way to Carp avenue, after making some inquiries from the few passers-by you come across. Most of the shopkeepers, it seems, have looked up at the gathering gray clouds and decided they'd rather close up shop early today.

When you come across Carp Avenue, you soon realize it's anything but. A long, winding alleyway that branches off Merchant's Avenue and connects to the docks, it lets in little in the way of natural light. Roughly in the centre of the "avenue" is a widened bit, almost like a waiting chamber in the middle of a hallway.

This enclave is obviously used for trash storage - which is clear from the less-than-savoury fishy smell that emanates from the entire alleyway. As you stand at the lip of the alley, peering down, you can see large piles of trash in the "chamber" (maybe forty feet in).

You also see a large, scarred man with a gray silken scarf covering his face. His arms, criss-crossed with half-healed scars, are sinewy and well-muscled. One milky eye stares out at the child (perhaps ten, eleven?) that he holds suspended about a foot above the ground.

Three other rogues leer at the kid, making jabs at his sides with daggers. All of them are laughing, their hyena-like braying echoing off the stone walls.

The child does his best to remain calm, although it is clear he is on the verge of tears. Several times he tries to kick the man that holds him, although the large thug is obviously quicker than he looks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads