• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

BigB

First Post
Cepheus greedily searches the scroll library. He selects summon natures ally2, cure light wounds, and command. "Thank you very much we must hurry if we are to save Tomas!"

Wik

First Post
BigB said:
ooc: I apologize for absence. New house + new computer + fastest internet connection I could get = many problems :( I hope I have corrected at least enough to connect to the site on a regular basis now.

Don't worry too much about it. I've had many absences on my part, after all, so I know exactly what it's like!

Anyways, there'll be a post up later on today. I realize that this game has become a bit rail-roady, and I apologize for that. I'm still trying to figure out how to effectively run PbP, and I"m thinking site-based adventures are the way to go. Any game where discussion between PCs to make plans is necessary really slows things down, eh?

Solange

First Post
OOC: Nothing wrong with the occasional "Go Here", particularly since PbP seems to wander aimlessly on occasion without it.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
the occasional blunt hint is ALWAYS appreciated!! especially with one so hard headed and cluless as I.

Wik

First Post
[sblock=Solange]
If you could pick out yer scrolls before we get into an encounter, that'd be cool.[/sblock]

You hit the streets, the rain coming down so heavily that within a few moments your clothes are completely sodden. The priestesses are able to heal you to full health (mostly because the GM is lazy and doesn't want to dig through posts to find your HP total!) before you set out.

Hukk leads you, his sword in hand. At first, he is quite excited, but when he hears the sound of blade on blade in the distance, his excitement fades, and he starts following Pendrake, nervously holding the northerner's shield.

You all can hear the sound of the blades, and goblin shouts. Whatever is going on, it is consuming much of the city, as you are still several blocks away from the docks...

The docks are even worse. When you arrive, lightning strikes in the distance, illuminating the dusk for only a moment. Nearly two dozen blacklilies, fully scarved, are holding a slim sailing vessel - while perhaps thirty goblins assault through the gangplanks. Scattered over the cobblestones are the bodies of goblins, blacklilies, and guardsmen, the blood from their corpses mixing with the river of rainwater that is flowing freely into the turbulent Orussian bay.

OOC: Spot Checks, Initiative Checks, and any Crazy Plans, folks! This is the last stand!

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
spot check:
spot check (1d20=20)

inititive:
inititive (1d20+6=24)

crazy plan:
]ooc[ last stand eh? last i heard, general custer didn't much like the results of his crazy last stand either.

How far to the nearest black lilly? Perhaps we can use ranged attacks and soften the bad guyes first then storm the ship? Yes i know it is already storming. ]/ooc[

Wik

First Post
OOC: Alright. Answer time:

1) Visibility is poor, beyond thirty or forty feet. The DMG says that, in heavy rains, visibility is blocked after ten feet, but that's just silly. I live in a rainforest, and I've seen my fair share of killer rainstorms, and it doesn't block visibility that bad. We'll say at fifty feet, targets get concealment. And at anything beyond ten feet, there's a -4 penalty on attack rolls, due to wind.

2) Yeah, SOlange is still out of spells, I'm afraid. Luckily, you've got that wand and a few scrolls to use, so hopefully it won't be too much of a problem.

3) Wonder what happened to Logicsfate? So much for hiring extra muscle, eh guys?

"I think that's the boat... They just said a ship in the harbour." Hukk mutters.

Pendrake, peering through the mist, catches a flash of light - a bolt of electricity that arks from the hands of a blacklily and into the chest of a nearby goblin. The bolt arcs through one goblin, and into the body of the next. Looking carefully, Pendrake sees that the spellcaster is using only one hand to cast spells... the other hand being used to keep the caster's tall, pointed hat from blowing away in the wind.

Beside the caster, defending a second gangplank, is a woman with a rapier, savagely fighting the horde of goblins trying to rush past her. None so far have had any luck.

Aiken catches all of this, and sees a small shape, no larger than the goblins, sneaking to the rail of the ship. Peering out at the turbulent waters, the young boy shakes his head, and looks for another means to escape the vessel.

Aiken also notices a goblin on the ground, directing the attacks of the goblin throng trying to swarm the gangplanks. He is surrounded by four well-armed goblins (each with multiple axes or swords), and kicks his feet wildly.

Cepheus quickly disappears in the rain (the concealment works both ways, see) and starts getting close to the battle, while the rest of the group slowly moves forward. It seems you will have to battle through goblins to get to the ship... and then there's blacklilies to deal with...

OOC: I thought I'd have a map, but it turns out that basic Dundjinni doesn't have a pirate ship or anything of the sort. I'm going to figure out a way to get a decent map ready for you guys, before I start on this last fight. And I also want to give Mearran a last chance to get in on this.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads