• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W3: The Eidolon (Bront Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
Haltash walks next to Shadow and whispers to him while the are both far enough not to be overheard. "Graff seems very angry. I'm now not sure what will be the bigger threat, these bandits, or the madness of Graff."

WarlockLord

First Post
Velmont said:
Haltash walks next to Shadow and whispers to him while the are both far enough not to be overheard. "Graff seems very angry. I'm now not sure what will be the bigger threat, these bandits, or the madness of Graff."

"I share your concerns, my friend," replies Shadow in a whisper. "One does not survive long in the mercenary business without a certain amount of paranoia. The ships chasing us are from Lyrandar, so I am not sure who really owns these ships. I worry.

OOC: Busy. Sporadic posting.

Wik

First Post
The Majestic nears the Black Pit. But you have not seen any traces of the Eidolon. Soon, though, Rukus points at the horizon.

"The Black Pit. And look. It's burning."

Sure enough, a black finger of smoke curls up into the sky, many miles distant. Quickly, you pass around the spyglass - and no one can see a trace of the Eidolon.

Plans?

(OOC: Bigger post tomorrow.)

Patlin

Explorer
Plan: Keep eyes open and crossbow ready.

"I suppose fires are much more dangerous here, with the buildings being so close together. What is normally done about them?"

Solange

First Post
Lori will cast her Extended Mage Armor once it's in view (6 hour duration). Meanwhile, she attempts to commune with the Majestic 'Do you know where the Eidolon is?'

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek looks down at the Pit with a sad look on his face. "Why it do that? Why is the Pit Black? Where are we?" He is obviously oblivious to their new location.

Patlin

Explorer
Seeing Lori casting, T'Ranis considers putting up inertial armor. For the time being, however, he holds off. If he sees anything flying, he'll put the inertial armor up.

He looks to his companions to see if anyone will answer his earlier question.

Wik

First Post
The Majestic slowly pulls towards the Black Pit, so named for the fact that it is a warren of slums built around a gaping black hole that thrusts deep within Khyber. The number of buildings, shanty shacks that cluster together in hive-like fashion, is rather large - and many of them are now burning. Passing around the spyglass, you can see humanoids engaged in some sort of battle throughout the tight alleyways. At this distance, though, you have no idea who is fighting who.

There is no trace of the Eidolon on the horizon.

Lori tries to speak with the Majestic, asking over and over if the Eidolon has been here. Finally, it answers, vibrating the very planks of the deck to make a voice. "Yes... And they have killed... Traitorous ship, traitorous.... My heir... murderer..."

The Majestic begins to shake and vibrate, as if with rage, and it seems to Lori that it might be a good idea to stop talking.

Graff stares out at the burning city. "Did the damned thieves do this? Do you see the Eidolon down there? Is my ship alright!?"

one of the crewmen looks towards T'Ranis. "If you know anything about sailing, you'll know that we don't like fires. We're not getting the ship anywhere near those flaming buildings. Looks safe near the pit, though. We could probably stay near there, floating above it."

Another crewman, chewing on a piece of fat, grumbles "City like that burns every few years. The buildings just beg to be set afire. Doesn't stop the people from panicking like a bunch of fools, though."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads