• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W3: The Eidolon (Bront Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek keeps quite and allows the others to handle things. Instead, he fusses over the warforged, making sure everything's fine.

Wik

First Post
"That damned ship. That DAMNED ship! We knew it was a bad idea to raid, but the commander said it'd be a good idea. He's taking it to Darguun. I think that was the plan - he didn't give us the specifics."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek looks at the others. "Best we go fly-fly then. Maybe catch up with zoom-zoom?" He smiles as his clever words.

Velmont

First Post
"Damned. We will need to travel a lot. Fine, good luck and take care. And I suggets you not to go near that monastery. There is many snipers hidden in there." tells Haltash to the hobgoblin before leaving them.

"Yes, let's go back to the airship."

Patlin

Explorer
"Darguun. Sounds interesting." T'Ranis comments calmly.

On heading back to the ship, T'Ranis will rest and attempt to treat his wounds.

ooc: Untrained heal checks at +3. After a full day of rest, he will recover 4 or 8 hp, depending on whether he makes the heal check. Hopefully the next scene is a few days away, so that he can be fully healed.

Edit: Actually, you aren't allowed to provide long term care to yourself. Unless we have someone who can make a heal check, T'Ranis will have to settle for the longer healing time.

Solange

First Post
"Do you know where in Darguun? It's a big place." Lori says.

OOC: I'm looking forward to getting spells back. Yay!

Wik

First Post
The hobgoblin grunts and shrugs at Lori's question. "Azrag doesn't say much. Guess I know why, now."

You make your way back to the Majestic, several times having to weave in and out of revolutionaries. The Majestic itself is hovering over the blackpit, twisting wildly in the great gusts that bellow out of the hole.

The wind has picked up, and twice a massive gust clears the streets of debris, and knocks a few of you to your feet. Haltash throws his hands in front of his face and stays to his feet in one of these bursts of wind, and is struck in the hand by a ceramic planting pot that took air. It shatters upon contact, and leaves several small scratches and cuts on his arm. (1 point of damage).

The crew of the Majestic sight you, and quickly start lowering ladders. You are close enough to see crewmen as you fight against these gusts of wind, when you hear a primal howl.

Crawling out of the black pit is a creature the likes of which none of you have ever seen. It has an amorphous body, covered with eyes, easily the size of a small house. Several legs sprout out at irregular intervals, seemingly merging for a moment with the earth as it "walks". If a snail had legs and moved roughly the speed of a prancing horse, the legs would look like these.

But most horrifying are the "eyestalks". There are seven stalks protruding from the body, each perhaps fifteen feet long. At the end of each stalk is a ganglion of dozens of eyes formed around a central "mouth" of row upon row of razor-fine teeth. The closest thing your mind can draw a comparison to is that of a sea anenome's centre, surrounded by unblinking eyes.

Suddenly the mouths let out a wild scream, and another gust of wind assaults you. This time, you all remain standing, staring in terror at this monstrosity before you. It is perhaps one hundred feet away, and the ladders to the majestic are right in the middle.

"We woke it up! Get out of here!" A woman screams needlessly.

OOC: I'll need everyone to make a will save, DC 15, or be stunned in terror for a round. And this creature goes last in initiative, as it rolled a 1, so don't bother there. Whatever it is you seek to do, feel free.

Velmont

First Post
Haltash easily succeed his Will save (24). I forgot to keep track of the PP. I'll take a quick look to see how much I have left.

Patlin

Explorer
Wik said:
OOC: I'll need everyone to make a will save, DC 15, or be stunned in terror for a round. And this creature goes last in initiative, as it rolled a 1, so don't bother there.
Whatever it is you seek to do, feel free.

Will Save v. Fear (1d20+3=21)

Wounded and knowing that ranged attacks are ineffective in high winds, T'Ranis is faced with a tough decision. He's either got to make it up to the Majestic or flee on foot. There's a possibility that this monster will be able to rip the majestic out of the sky and smash it to pieces, and a possibility that attempting to flee on foot will lead to an encounter with other hostile forces. Ignoring his fear, T'Ranis leaps for one of the lowered ladders in an effort to board the majestic.

ooc: Depending on what rolls are required and how he rolls, T'Ranis may wish to spend an action point. If he falls, he will use catfall and tumbling to try and survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads