• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warehouse 13

Jamdin

Explorer
Put me down on the list that enjoys watching Warehouse 13. I like Pete, Claudia and Artie the best. Myka is okay and the new guy is growing on me.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Wow. Claudia and Pete are the two best reasons to watch the show. Not only are their actors the best on the show, but they both always get the best lines. The new guy is good but Myka... I can't believe she ever got an acting gig; she simply and quite plainly can't act.
I'm not an expert evaluator of acting, but I always liked that the Myka character was neither overly masculine (as one might expect) nor a caricature of femininity. That's hard to find in sci-fi, and on the screen in general. On the other hand, Claudia seems to constantly be shouting "Look at me, I'm cool!", which pretty much makes me want to look away. I hate geek chic, and that's all I see there. Pete is not bad, he's the sort of comically too-American character, but I'm watching Farsape on DVD and it just feels like Crichton is a better version of the same thing. Leena is one of the most bizarrely vestigial characters I've ever seen on a TV show, and Artie is Artie. I actually think Mrs. Frederick and the whole behind-the-scenes crew (which has had some very good actors) are more interesting than most of the regular cast.

That's my opinion, anyway. To each his own.

Jack7

First Post
My wife and children love that show. So I record it and Eureka and we watch them on the weekends. I like the way those shows overlap on occasion. It reminds me of the way some of the old network shows overlapped in the past.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I watched a couple of episodes in the first season, and another one a little later on, but it didn't really get any traction with me. :(

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
THat was a decent episode. It built up the 'new' Pete/Myka partnership again and reminded me how much I hate tranq darts.

There was a post several posts back about the Pete character. Now Ill note ive never seen Farscape but to me the Pete character is just a natural foil for Myka. I have no problem with the fact he is uber American. He was a marine and then a secret service agent... and Im guessing on the most part they are all quite patriotic. The fact that he manages to solve some bizarre quest/puzzles (ie the Egyptian pancake lock) proves that his outside the box works almost too well for Warehouse 13.

Im actually of the view that Pete is a natural Warehouse agent whereas Myka isnt.. although she is heading in that direction. Claudia seems very Artie to me. Hates explaining stuff to others.

Pilgrim

First Post
WH13 is is one of my Syfy favs.

I had the chance to meet Eddie and his wife Lynn at DragonCon last year. Really great guy, acts the same way in RL as he does on the show, goofing off and cutting up. When he found out that my son, who also enjoys watching the show, had a birthday that week but couldn't make the con, he offered to wish him Happy Birthday and let me record it on my iFlip so I could take it back to him.

I hope the show continues to do well.

Sutekh

First Post
WOW. What a great episode 40th Floor turned out to be. It had a far different tone I think that any other episode of Warehouse 13 I remember. Claudia and her tech devices are pretty awesome and the episode had to split Pete and Myka so the end reveal could be achieved. Pete and Claudia do work quite well as a team.

This was the first time I had seen Kate Mulgrew onscreen since I stopped watching Voyager. She still is a very focused lady who bring a lot to the table. Sally's sidekick I recognised from a show called Painkiller Jane I believe.

All in all a very good episode which ended on a highlight and will get to show us a little more of Pete and his background (now that Mykas has been pretty well fleshed out)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads