• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock : The Genie

DreamsAndPixies

First Post
Warlock : The Genie

Here is a Warlock : The Genie patron.

Google Drive Link

The hard part was finding a good 1st level feature. 6th and 10th could follow the traditional warlock template, while 14th would obviously be a minor wish.

Then after some time, thinking about how we see Genies, and that guy from Aladdin, I went with a "genie" version of prestidigitation. You can alter color, smell and the senses gear give. You can estimate what an item is worth. And you can buff slightly armor or weapon.

It is possible the buff on the weapon is too good, but for now I prefer to overtune.

6th level follow the Djinn whirlwind feature.

And 10th is some good resistance with a bit of ribbon about you not caring about the wind.

I think 14th is pretty cool as well.

Let me know what you think!

G

Guest 6801328

Suggestion: put the text, or at least the abilities, directly into the post. Only speaking for myself, but I rarely click through to read external documents. I might go read the whole thing once I've seen enough to be interested.

I do like the general concept. Could be fun.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
If you’re looking for ideas on interactions with geni, I’d recommend looking back at home D&D has handled sha’ir in previous editions. They’re in many ways the earliest warlocks (in terms of how we see the concept designed) and the spell-fetching by their gen would make for an ideal custom pact boon if redesigned (probably giving a Warlock a way to get access to other spell lists — or at least other Warlock spells — on a long rest or such).

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Suggestion: put the text, or at least the abilities, directly into the post. Only speaking for myself, but I rarely click through to read external documents. I might go read the whole thing once I've seen enough to be interested.

I do like the general concept. Could be fun.
I concur. Security risks and all that.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
One suggestion I would make would be to look at the Djinni spell-like abilities and use those as a guide for the expanded spells. Many are already on the warlock spell list or, in one case, added in as an invocation (I wouldn't add conjure elemental to the spell list, but creation might be a good one).

I'm not sure about the level 1 features but the rest of it seems pretty good when I compared with the fiend pact.

The defensive ability at 6 seems a bit more powerful than others as they normally don't deal damage, they just help protect the warlock.
The resistances at 10th seem comparable to fiend pact which is allowed to adjust the damage resistance as needed and fits the flavour although not even a djinn is immune to effects caused by the wind.
Limited wish at 14th is a great effect and I think it works well for this subclass.

If you’re looking for ideas on interactions with geni, I’d recommend looking back at home D&D has handled sha’ir in previous editions. They’re in many ways the earliest warlocks (in terms of how we see the concept designed) and the spell-fetching by their gen would make for an ideal custom pact boon if redesigned (probably giving a Warlock a way to get access to other spell lists — or at least other Warlock spells — on a long rest or such).

This. Also Sha'ir is a much better name. "Genie" has acquired too much panto baggage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads