• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock Feats

sukael

First Post
Nightfall said:
Evil,

Yeah Hellfire Warlock will need that in order to keep up.

I can't recall which one, but I know one of the relatively easily-accessible vestiges in Tome of Magic lets you heal 1 point of ability damage or drain every round.

Drowbane

First Post
sukael said:
I can't recall which one, but I know one of the relatively easily-accessible vestiges in Tome of Magic lets you heal 1 point of ability damage or drain every round.
Naberius (or some such)

evilbob

Explorer
Personally, I would shy away from feats designed to increase your damage: once you get past level 6, your damage starts dropping off significantly. Past level 11 it's pretty low. You -can- focus on this and make it better, but it'll drain all the invocations/feats you have just to make it decent. To me, doing things other than damage and never getting hurt are your best assets.

Also, I think PBS and Precise Shot are two wasted feats, because you're never going to miss, even shooting into melee. Ranged touch attacks with 3/4ths BAB and Dex as a primary stat means you are pretty much just rolling for crit hit/fails most of the time. They're not a bad choice for a level 1 human warlock, since everything is hard to hit when you're level 1, but certainly should top the list of "things to retrain" once you're a bit higher level.

I kind of like Improved Flight once you hit level 6ish and get the Fell Flight invocation - this makes your 24-hr fly speed perfect, and makes it much simper to move around the battlefield. Ability Focus is a good one if you like status effects added to your blast, and Spell Penetration is a very useful one from about level 9 to level 11 (i.e. once you start hitting things with SR but before you get Vitrolic Blast and can ignore it) - if you're still thinking about dealing direct damage.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Raspen said:
Arcana mastery
ability focus
quicken spell-like ability
max spell-like ability
boost spell-like ability
mortal bane
empower spell-like ability
Where can these be found?

How do the "Metamagic" feats apply to the eldritch blast? Can a Warlock use "Maximize Spell-Like Ability" (or other metamagic feats) every single round?

Raspen

First Post
Monster manual
book of vile darkness
compleat arcane

and ya you can add max-spell-like ability to the blast or any of the other invocations

Nail

First Post
TarionzCousin said:
Can a Warlock use "Maximize Spell-Like Ability" (or other metamagic feats) every single round?
You should probably read through thier entries in Complete Arcane....the same book that contains the Warlock base class.

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
SadisticFishing said:
For maximum damage:

H: Point Blank Shot
1: Precise Shot
3: Extra Invocation (Hellrime Blast)
6: Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast)
9: Maximize Spell-Like Ability
Go Hellfire Warlock now.
12: Quicken Spell-Like Ability
15: Improved Initiative
18: Extra Invocation (Eldritch Doom)

Or something similar.

When you take the extra invocation feat you can only chose from those of a lower grade than the highest grade you can cast at the time. Since you can cast lesser invocations at level 6, you couldn't take hellrime blast as an extra invocation at that time. The same goes for Eldritch Doom, which you can't take as an extra invocation until epic levels.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads