• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlord vs. Tactician

Warlord vs. Tactician

• Tactician

Votes: 49 32.7%
  • Warlord

Votes: 101 67.3%

• Poll closed .

med stud

First Post
I think tactition is a dull name. Imagine a party consisting of a ranger, a wizard, a priest a warlock and a... tactician. I don't like it.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
I don't care for Tactician - again, "officer," "marshal" and "captain" are all better in terms of 'military-sounding' names.

I'd LOVE to have a Strategist class, but not one with the Warlord's fight/inspire mix - I'd want it for characters like the Suikoden strategists, and to have a way to play the class without the character being physically present on the adventure. I have no idea how to swing that offhand, but it would be AWESOME. :)

Scarbonac

Not An Evil Twin
Currently, the name I most favor is "Firebrand"; it's non-military, flavorful and evokes the image of someone who inspires others by word, deed and charisma rather than by magic.

It doesn't have the negative connotation of "thuggish tyrannical leader of mercenary scum" that "Warlord" has acquired (Travis Morgan and John Carter notwithstanding).

Mercule

Adventurer
It's hard to tell which I like less: Soldier or Tactician. Soldier could be an okay alternate name for the fighter. Tactician just plain sucks.

Though, it'd be okay as a talent tree name, as was pointed out.

pawsplay

Hero
In 3.5, the concept was called Marshal and/or Purple Dragon Knight. Not much help there.

What's wrong with Marshal? They do, after all, marshal their allies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads