• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlord vs. Tactician

Warlord vs. Tactician

• Tactician

Votes: 49 32.7%
  • Warlord

Votes: 101 67.3%

• Poll closed .

Erik Mona

Adventurer
A tactician does not strike me as someone on the front line chopping up monsters. A warlord does.

D&D is a game about chopping up monsters, so warlord wins for me.

--Erik

morbiczer

First Post
I think warlord is pretty bad (will there be warladies too?), but tactitian is even worse.

From the options I've read so far, I like Commander best.

Lackhand

First Post
Odysseus is more tactician than warlord! He also chops monsters up. Maybe not as much as warlords do, but then, they have some help.

that said, I don't support Tactician as the name for the class which could also be called Warlord. I do support it being in the game via some other route though!

Felon

First Post
morbiczer said:
From the options I've read so far, I like Commander best.
The problem with commander is denotes giving orders. Not merely providing tactical inspiration or insight, but actually bossing fellow player characters around. I think the designers want something that is a little more in tune with modern, less autocratic notions of leadership--i.e. empowering others rather than doing the thinking for them.

Moorcrys

Explorer
I think tactician is a poor name for this class... tacticians don't rally allies on the battlefield. The name is not evocative for what it seems WOTC is looking for, imho.

I went with marshal on the last, similarly themed post, and I stick with my opinion. But frankly, I don't mind Warlord that much either, other than its similarity to the name Warlock.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads