WotC Was just one D&D book announced at D&D Live 2020?

Mercurius

Legend
Theros has been out since June 2nd. People have been using it for weeks now. Just the physical book was delayed.

I know. Personal bias revealed - I don't like ebooks/pdfs/online stuff, except as supplementary, and don't consider them "full releases." At the least, consider my timeline above as "Theros release completed," or just ignore the "ID is announced" line and July 21, and it works.

Mercurius

Legend
Isn’t there also supposed to be a Kate Welch-helmed book with adventures by Deborah Ann Wohl and Marisha Ray in it?

This makes me wonder if they have a slot of "celebrity game book" in their yearly schedule. This year it was Matt Mercer's Wildemount, next year might be the Welch/Wohl/Ray book (adventure compilation?), the year after...Joe "Superhunk" Manganiello's Guide to Dragonlance?

OK, that probably won't happen--and certainly not that name--but it does make some sense to leverage people like that.

Isn’t there also supposed to be a Kate Welch-helmed book with adventures by Deborah Ann Wohl and Marisha Ray in it?

Yes, and talk about it seemed to mysteriously disappear around the time all the crap with Mearls was in full swing. Also about the same time Satine quit WotC. Could all be a coincidence. Or it could be a behind-the-scenes protest by the women at WotC.

darjr

I crit!
Yes, and talk about it seemed to mysteriously disappear around the time all the crap with Mearls was in full swing. Also about the same time Satine quit WotC. Could all be a coincidence. Or it could be a behind-the-scenes protest by the women at WotC.
Where do people get this nonsense? Satine’s role was always meant to be temporary. And Kate just ran a stream for the big D&D live stream, for the game of thrones actors. For Pete’s sake! Stop with the stupid conspiracies.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases