WotC Was just one D&D book announced at D&D Live 2020?

Where do people get this nonsense? Satine’s role was always meant to be temporary. And Kate just ran a stream for the big D&D live stream, for the game of thrones actors. For Pete’s sake! Stop with the stupid conspiracies.

Duh, we know Kate did not quit. That has nothing to do with any other possible behind-the-scenes drama we don't know about.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This makes me wonder if they have a slot of "celebrity game book" in their yearly schedule. This year it was Matt Mercer's Wildemount, next year might be the Welch/Wohl/Ray book (adventure compilation?), the year after...Joe "Superhunk" Manganiello's Guide to Dragonlance?

OK, that probably won't happen--and certainly not that name--but it does make some sense to leverage people like that.
It would certainly explain why they seem to be sitting on Dragonlance, which is still one of their settings with the biggest draw.

Yea, you clearly don’t know.
Paranoid conspiracies aside, it would be very easy for someone else to take over such a project. Remember that any work you do whilst employed by a company is legally the property of the company.

I can't see that there was ever a space for the adventure compilation book in 2020, ergo it is, and always has been, scheduled to be published as the first book of 2021.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Paranoid conspiracies aside, it would be very easy for someone else to take over such a project. Remember that any work you do whilst employed by a company is legally the property of the company.

I can't see that there was ever a space for the adventure compilation book in 2020, ergo it is, and always has been, scheduled to be published as the first book of 2021.

Or it may even have been cancelled for not dramatic reasons: we just don't know.

Although I saw that one of the people Welch had mentioned had confirmed on stream that project was still in process...

Asgorath

Explorer
Yes, and talk about it seemed to mysteriously disappear around the time all the crap with Mearls was in full swing. Also about the same time Satine quit WotC. Could all be a coincidence. Or it could be a behind-the-scenes protest by the women at WotC.

Satine had a year-long contract as social media manager for WOTC. Once her contract was up, they brought in Lysa Penrose, who recently announced that her contract was ending in July:

There's no grand conspiracy there.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Or it may even have been cancelled for not dramatic reasons: we just don't know.

Although I saw that one of the people Welch had mentioned had confirmed on stream that project was still in process...

Which person and what stream?

I'm kind of curious that when Welch first mentioned her project, it was actually in extremely early stages and and they were just accepting submissions of adventures... explaining why there's been so little news on it.

Satine had a year-long contract as social media manager for WOTC. Once her contract was up, they brought in Lysa Penrose, who recently announced that her contract was ending in July:

There's no grand conspiracy there.

I try to stay away from all the Twitter garbage, so if information does not appear on a more reliable site, like this one, I am not going to read anything about it.

Remove ads