Was Morrus Right or Wrong?

Was Morrus' Right or Wrong in his Rant?

• Morrus was Right. The publishers are being ungrateful.

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • Morrus was Right, but he shouldn't have posted the rant. It made the situation worse.

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Morrus was Wrong. He's overreacting, and the publishers deserve an apology.

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Neither. Both him and the publishers have valid grievances. Kiss and make up.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don't know, it just saddens me.

Votes: 18 18.6%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krypter

Explorer
I'm hoping that a quick poll will settle this crisis faster than a long protracted debate. I'm not sure what to make of it myself. :confused:

Crothian

First Post
It is not black and white. He was right to voice his frustration and problems, but wrong in the maner he did them. According to me anyway :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Morris knows how he's been treated better than I do, so I'm just going to back him up. Even if he might be over-reacting, who cares? He's just writing words. He can write more (and different) words tomorrow if he feels differently tomorrow.

In the mean time, he's got my trust until he abuses it.

-- N

Aulayan

First Post
In my opinion, this poll'll make things worse. The publishers will see the people voting for the first option, and feel like they really shouldn't bother with this community anymore.

For several reasons, I encourage a moderator to close this thread, just because it's a little too touchy of a subject. Also, this isn't really a 'General RPG Discussion' topic. We don't like off-topic polls, and this one is borderline. We also try to cut down on the number of duplicate threads.

But most importantly, . . . 'Right or Wrong' is not the most tactful way to title a thread that is discussing what is already a very hot issue.

Krypter

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
For several reasons, I encourage a moderator to close this thread [...] 'Right or Wrong' is not the most tactful way to title a thread that is discussing what is already a very hot issue.

I don't see how censoring a topic will make this topic any less 'touchy'. If Morrus didn't want people discussing it then he shouldn't have posted a rant. Now we're expected to just sit quietly and say nothing?

I was hoping a poll would show the feelings of the majority so that the party who the majority feels is wrong would alter its behaviour. If people feel Morrus is right, then the publishers should make amends (some already are). If people feel Morrus went overboard, then he should apologize. Would you prefer weeks of endless ranting in one thread instead?

That's how society works, and this is a small online society.

Ferret

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
For several reasons, I encourage a moderator to close this thread, just because it's a little too touchy of a subject. Also, this isn't really a 'General RPG Discussion' topic. We don't like off-topic polls, and this one is borderline. We also try to cut down on the number of duplicate threads.

But most importantly, . . . 'Right or Wrong' is not the most tactful way to title a thread that is discussing what is already a very hot issue.

I would say that Morrus is right, has the right to voice his opinion, but IMHO the way he did it seem a bit aggressive.

Anyway I think Morrus and ENworld are RPG related....

Turanil

First Post
RangerWickett said:
For several reasons, I encourage a moderator to close this thread

I totally agree with that.

I refuse to vote in this poll.

Who are we to be the judges of what Morrus does or doesn't? :mad:

Remember: this is his website for the first thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads