Watchmen Trailer is up at YouTube

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
...it'll probably be this time next year when it hits DVD that I get to watch it finally.

It isn't even coming out till next year.

So far, in terms of movies from Alan Moore comics we are 2 for 1 (From Hell, V for Vendetta were good, while League was not). I hope this one is good, not shabby but pretty.

I wonder how they will handle the story compression.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Wasn't the Smashing Pumpkins song originally to one of the Batman films?

"The End is the Beginning is the End." I think it was from Batman Forever, right about the time the Pumpkins were riding high from Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

As far as the trailer, I think it looks promising. We'll see if audiences appreciate it though (I'm worried that they won't :( )

Krug

Newshound
Certainly looks like they tried to stay true to the comic book as much as they could. Can't say I'm bloody excited but will definitely watch it when it hits cinemas. At least it can't be as bad as LXG and From Hell.

Crothian

First Post
I thought the music fit the feel very well. My buddy is designing the Owlship for DC toys so we've seen the blueprints to the Owlship and they look freaking cool.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The trailer definitely got my attention when it came on screen at the theatre. I've never read the graphic novel so I have no biases regarding this movie. Maybe after it comes out, I'll find out more about these "Watchmen."

Klaus

First Post
The trailer definitely got my attention when it came on screen at the theatre. I've never read the graphic novel so I have no biases regarding this movie. Maybe after it comes out, I'll find out more about these "Watchmen."
I don't know what to recommend more, reading the graphic novel first or watching the movie first...

I don't know what to recommend more, reading the graphic novel first or watching the movie first...
I'd say, since the movie's coming out in March, read the graphic novel.

If anything, it'll make one appreciate the movie even more. I mean, hell, I was getting chills seeing this trailer from how amazing similar some of those scenes are.

Remove ads