Watchmen Trailer is up at YouTube

Megaton

First Post
I admit that I haven't read the comic, but this looks really cool, and I saw a side-by-side comparison of trailer images with the comic, and it looks very faithful to the source material (visually anyways). I'm wondering if I should read the comic first or watch the film first. I'm leaning towards the latter in case the movie is lacking, that way I'll still enjoy it.

paradox42

First Post
Saw the trailer before the midnight show of The Dark Knight I went to on Thursday, and it blew me away. I didn't have any inkling of what the trailer was for other than "some sort of superhero movie" until the caption reading "From the most acclaimed graphic novel of all time" (or whatever it actually says, memory's fuzzy there), at which point I guessed Watchmen. I was pleased as punch at how awesome it looks as a movie, though I admit I've only skimmed parts of the graphic novel rather than reading it all the way through. Looks like I need to do that now.

Felon

First Post
Visually it seems right on (if perhaps a little too "clean"), but was it me or did the characters/actors seem too young for the roles - perhaps they were just shots of the flashback scenes. I hope so. .
Well, age isn't much of an issue when looking at Rorschach, Manhattan, or Nite Owl, so I guess the comment about youth is primarily directed at Silk Spectre? She's supposed to be thirty-five, IIRC, so Akeman is about five years too young.

Mathew Goode is more like ten years too young to play Ozymandius.

horacethegrey

First Post
I liked it. I thought it captured the images of the comic really well. I was initially concerned as to how Doctor Manhattan would come across onscreen, but I'm happy to see he looked really good (and quite creepy too, but then again that's the price for being the only super powered being in the world).

Still, I have doubts whether this movie will be any good whilst staying true to graphic novel upon which it is based. I may have liked 300, but Zack Snyder tackling something as thematically and intellectually complex as Watchmen? Doesn't really instill me with much confidence.

And let me just point out that I'm hardly a Watchmen fanatic. Hell, I don't even consider to be Alan Moore's best work (that honor I reserve for From Hell), but as someone who's been a longtime fan of the man's work, I'm all for a competent screen adaptation for once.:)

Remove ads