ways to increase BAB other other than leveling

apsuman

First Post
Ok, I will take the absolute silence since my last post as a sign that everyone in this thread agrees with me.

In short your silence speaks volumes about how much genius there is in my proposed solutions (I especially like the feat).

So, thank you all for affirming my self image.

:)

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
apsuman said:
Ok, I will take the absolute silence since my last post as a sign that everyone in this thread agrees with me.

I agree with part of it. There's no way to get an increase in your BAB except by leveling. I still wouldn't give it to him. To me, this is a non-issue.

Zerovoid

First Post
There seem to be alot of real uptight DM's posting to this thread. I say, just allow the player to retroactively switch his levels in wizard and ranger, once he takes his 21st level as a wizard. I really hate when things are dependant on the order that class levels were taken, but when I brought this up once before in a different context, most people seemed to think it was a feature, and not a bug.

The fact is, there have been new rules released, rules that would have affected the player's decisions had he known about them earlier. Rather than punishing him for working his character all the way up from level 1 to 20 organically, instead of just creating a new 20th level character, you should allow him to change his character, as long as the altered character is also possible within the rules, and doesn't violate continuity.

Changing the order that a character took classes does not in my mind violate the continuity of the game world, or break suspension of disbelief.

Akunin

First Post
doktorstick said:
That is a poor example... The reason is that character progressing as either one of the primary classes will be developed towards that class.

/ds

You must have missed the line about "Assuming identical stats, feats, skills, spells and equipment, who wins?".

doktorstick

First Post
Akunin said:
You must have missed the line about "Assuming identical stats, feats, skills, spells and equipment, who wins?".

Actually, I didn't. Unless 40th-level characters are being born from the heads of gods, it makes a difference. Background. Roleplaying.

/ds

doktorstick

First Post
Be more imaginative. tenser's transformation has one component that adds BAB. It does a lot of other things, too. The downside is that you can not cast spells.

Why not create a spell that grants only BABs and allows you to cast spells. Put that into an item and get your +10 BAB to gain your extra attacks.

Think outside the box in solving problems. Don't whine and complain about the rules.

/ds

Crothian

First Post
I can't believe this is still going on. Part of this game is about choices. He choose to do spellcasting first so he's BAB suffered. However, he has a better will save becasue of it and in those adventures he got to cast spells.

Next we are going to be hearing about someone who is playing a Sorcerer Barbarian. THey were sorcerer first, then went to barbarian. He rolled terrible on his barbarian HP (a 1) so only has 9 HP (4 from sorcer, 1 from barbarian, and +2 twice from his 14 con). THe character dies becasue of it's low HP, but the PC complains "If I would have taken Barbarian first I'd have 12+1d4+4 HP and I'd be alive".

Learn to live with your choices instead of complaining about it.

LordAO

First Post
DocMoriartty said:
Its called roleplaying GENIUS! When you chose one option instead of another there are benefits and disadvantages that go with that choice.

Is that so hard to get through your skull? Do mounchkins just not understand common sense?

Excuse me?

What you can't seem to get through your skull is that I understand the system perfectly. I'm not at all worried about myself. I can min/max just fine. I'm arguing for the sake of people like you who obviously don't understand the system well enough to know a good rule from a bad one. Munchkin you say? Do you think I dislike this way of doing it because it makes me less munchkin? I can make as much of a munchkin character as I want with any system of doing things. But I don't. I'm not the type who gets a thrill out of making those kinds of characters. What I don't understand is why people like you have to get insulting any time someone brings up a point of view other than your own. I have said nothing that would allow you to make the audacious assumption that I'm "munchkin." People like you, rather than express valid opinions and objective reasoning (which you are obviously incapable of) can do nothing else but call people "muchkin." How pathetic! If you have nothing else to add to this thread other than slander, don't bother posting.

kreynolds

First Post
LordAO. The real problem here is that this entire thread no longer belongs on the rules board. The question was "can you?". The answer is "no". Any other options, decisions, trains of thought, etc, belong in the house rules thread. The simple fact that the thread continues to exhist here is the primary cause of all the backlash. On the house rules thread, there is a lot more open mindedness, simply because that is where you change the rules. You don't change the rules here. A quick proposal of how someone handles a rule differently, or an interpretation of a rule, is fine, but anything prolonged will get beaten to death so long as the thread exhists here.

The bottom line is this. There is no way to increase your BAB except by leveling. If anyone wants to compare the Wish spell with a small +1 BAB increase, simply look at the Epic Prowess feat, an Epic feat mind you, and you'll know that a +1 BAB increase is far outside the power of Wish.

If anyone wants to "fix" this so-called "broken" rule (actually, this thread isn't about "fixing" a rule, but it's about altering the core system), do so on the house rules board. That's what it's there for.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Remove ads