D&D (2024) We’ll be merging the One D&D and D&D forums shortly

I wonder how much of the lack of confusion came from the book clearly being labeled as Second Edition at the time. TSR clearly wasn't afraid of calling it what it is, unlike WotC.
It had nothing to do with it all. People often showed up with both sets of clearly labeled books, and despite that, everything was rapidly and easily worked out from there. Instead of breaking down into hysterics out of all the confusion searing their minds, which seems to be the fate envisioned by some posters here.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
It had nothing to do with it all. People often showed up with both sets of clearly labeled books, and despite that, everything was rapidly and easily worked out from there. Instead of breaking down into hysterics out of all the confusion searing their minds, which seems to be the fate envisioned by some posters here.
My point is the 2e books were labeled as 2e, and there was little confusion. The 5.5e books will likely be labeled identically to the 2014 set, so confusion has a higher likelihood of occurring.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
No, it won't. Are you arguing, in good faith, that even a small percentage of people are truly that stupid?
Two books, same title, book in question has multiple covers anyway...yeah, I think people who don't do the research folks on this site somehow assume everyone does might be confused.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That might work at your store, because you know what you are talking about when you discuss D&D.

At an other store, the response might:

"Why are you asking me? I just work here."
Not all stores accept returns.

Wow. I understand that "customer service" is becoming an outdated concept, but this is one of the many ways in which I am glad to remain an "Old Fashioned" practitioner of the old Brick-and-Mortar Standard.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They have no compelling motivation to act otherwise in many cases, unfortunately.

Yeah, that's why I treat my employees better than that (including paying more than minimum wage, other than my kids who are still learning to be actually useful, but they work at the store instead of allowance - my "actual" employees are treated better, and generally know what they're talking about).

Remove ads