We figured out what d12's are for!

der_kluge

Adventurer
d12s are good for noting clockwise direction as well.

Or, killing teenage girls.

12 SIDED DIED!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 12 sided died.JPG
    12 sided died.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 578

seankreynolds

Adventurer
houser2112 said:
Speaking of d4s, I once saw some "rollable" d4s. They looked like d8s, but had 2 each of the numbers 1-4. I haven't been able to find any at my FLGS. Any idea where to look?

I know what you're talking about but don't know where to find that type. However, Crystal Caste offers a different kind of rollable d4 that's good (and if you're diabetic like my dad and get numbness in the fingers, it's easier to pick up these d4s than the pyramidal ones).

Mercule

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
I've always known what else to do with d12s (other than greataxe barbarians, that is) - it's a randomizer for my Blood Bowl roster. I've got twelve players, and have to pick one at random at least once every game. ;)

*sigh* I miss playing Blood Bowl.

Mercule said:
*sigh* I miss playing Blood Bowl.
I did too. Until I inadvertently converted a proseletyzing Blood Bowl missionary after moving up here. Now, we've got a group of about 10 people, and we play once a month. We're about to start a trophy run, which should be a lot of fun.

Voodoo

First Post
Keeper of Secrets said:
Oh make no mistake, the d12 is part of a massive conspiracy! The United Die Makers Union (UDMU) forced many games to actually use the d12 in a variety of lame ways so that they could continue their sinister schemes. You merely found out one of the many hidden offers that the Secret Masters withen the UDMU had not intended.

One of UDMU's greatest triumphs was with the Deadlands RPG, max stat for humans = d12, skills commonly above 5, so often rolling 5d12, ocasionaly up to 10d12. 10d12! I had to buy extra d12's as did all the players. :(

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
How to improve the standing of the dodecahedron:

Print numbers of 1 to 4 (3 of each).

Print numbers of 1 to 6 (2 of each).

Institute a rule that requires every game (including solo ones) to have a greataxe-wielding, d12-hit-dice barbarian, or either a dragon or an undead.

Which of course leads to this conclusion:

No one loves d12 more than greataxe-wielding half-dragon undead barbarians!

Remove ads