Weapons of Speed (semi-new question, not a rant)

Lord Pendragon said:

The Ghost Touch ability has a very, very narrow range of useful circumstances. Only when fighting incorporeal or ethereal creatures does the power come into play. Thus, while a lifesaver when it's active, it isn't active often enough to warrant higher than a +1. Brilliant Energy is similar in that only a subset of the total battles fought will see it come into play. However, in a campaign heavy on NPCs rather than monsters, Brilliant Energy is devastating. +4 seems good to me. If your campaign doesn't see very many NPC vs. PC battles, then a different enchantment may be more advantageous.

One more narrow use. Ghost touch + ring of blinking = Sneak attack death with no penalty, and makes a rogue immune to area of effect spells (well, almost - quarter damage on a failed save) ;)

When used in combination Ghost touch is very good - but as you rightfully point out it is basiclly useless most of the rest of the time.

On another note I think that weapons of speed a correctly priced at +4. I wouldn't like to see players getting their sweaty mittens on them any sooner than their current price allows.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
The Furious Puffin said:

One more narrow use. Ghost touch + ring of blinking = Sneak attack death with no penalty, and makes a rogue immune to area of effect spells (well, almost - quarter damage on a failed save) ;)

I never thought of this. That is one nasty combo! I'm going to have to remember it for my rogue! :D

Remove ads