D&D General Welcome Thread

Whusmaname

First Post
Yup. Totally meant to do that, specifically because G and T are so close together on the keyboard. No, I'm not editing it, 'cos that $#!7's funny!!!

I'll be sure to check out your thread... and your signature if I find one of your posts elsewhere on this forum...

As for NPC names in a 5e tabletop game of D&D, OF COURSE I can change them... I'm the DM. I'm the one that has to make 'em up.

So Kaiverta, the ex-warrior/fighter (but still young enough that, if they had to join the party, they could probably still be able to hold their own...) who now runs "Ye Olde Weapons Shoppe" as the revered Blacksmith of the town of Wend. What race (and gender) should Kaiverta be?

Kaiverta

First Post
(It IS funny, isn't it? Haaaha)

And ohhhh, D&D Tabletop. I was thinking more of a traditional VIDEO game. That makes sense. And yep, that sounds fairly cool! Kaiverta should be a male, and he can be human or elf - or any kind of human-looking race that doesn't have animal features. :p

dronerpg

First Post
You design tabletop RPGs? That's pretty cool. How'd you get started doing that? :)

That was easy. I sat down and started writing. Then take into account testers' patches. And later players and reviewers. And so a total of 5 RPG manuals were created. :) Sorry for my bad English but I am from middle of nowhere (just kidding).

Whusmaname

First Post
(It IS funny, isn't it? Haaaha)

And ohhhh, D&D Tabletop. I was thinking more of a traditional VIDEO game. That makes sense. And yep, that sounds fairly cool! Kaiverta should be a male, and he can be human or elf - or any kind of human-looking race that doesn't have animal features. :p

Okay, so no shape-shifters or lycans. Got it... normal-sized like human/elf rather than gnome/halfling sized, or goliath/half-orc sized? Meh... Human's probably easiest. Male. Sorted. Thanks again for letting me use your name.

Kaiverta

First Post
That was easy. I sat down and started writing. Then take into account testers' patches. And later players and reviewers. And so a total of 5 RPG manuals were created. :) Sorry for my bad English but I am from middle of nowhere (just kidding).

That's great. :) Well done. And your English is not too bad, don't worry about it. :)

Kaiverta

First Post
Okay, so no shape-shifters or lycans. Got it... normal-sized like human/elf rather than gnome/halfling sized, or goliath/half-orc sized? Meh... Human's probably easiest. Male. Sorted. Thanks again for letting me use your name.

Well you kind of just took it. xP But you did mention so and I have subsequently let you, so you're welcome? I've never played a tabletop RPG, you know. o_O I have noooo idea how they work.

Whusmaname

First Post
Well you kind of just took it. xP But you did mention so and I have subsequently let you, so you're welcome?
Originally I planned on stealing it, but I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt by helping with the character creation process that goes into the NPC that'll be your namesake.
I've never played a tabletop RPG, you know. o_O I have noooo idea how they work.
WHAT?!! Okay, that needs to be remedied ASAP!!! Go. Find yourself a place that does tabletop gaming. Learn the ways of the true geek!!! You have NO IDEA what you're missing!!!

What are you sitting here reading this for? GO!!! (Oh, and when you come back, tell us all about it!)

Last edited:

Kaiverta

First Post
Originally I planned on stealing it, but I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt by helping with the character creation process that goes into the NPC that'll be your namesake.WHAT?!! Okay, that needs to be remedied ASAP!!! Go. Find yourself a place that does tabletop gaming. Learn the ways of the true geek!!! You have NO IDEA what you're missing!!!

What are you sitting here reading this for? GO!!! (Oh, and when you come back, tell us all about it!)

Bahaha, I cannot play ANY games at the moment. Gotta do commissions. New ones coming in each week, return customers asking for more -- I'm so lucky. <3

gendernihilist

First Post
Promiscuous player and GM/DM of many systems and settings, been in the mix since 1994 with Rifts and other Palladium settings and then Planescape and some other 2e stuff, then on through a dizzying and far too long to recount journey through a metric buttload of other systems and settings and here I am currently GM of only one game, an online pbp game of Eclipse Phase (which is my current all-time fave setting, system could use a little work but they're comin' out with a new edition soon that should tweak the playability) and yeah anyway tl;dr my name's Ven (they/them/theirs pronouns, I'm the B and the T in LGBT) and I'm a huge dork!

Remove ads